DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   do I need A/C service (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/623746-do-i-need-c-service.html)

Oumati Asami October 29th 18 05:57 AM

do I need A/C service

Usually, I have A/C serviced every six months. There is this A/C which I
have not used for the past six months. Does it still need service?

Bill[_91_] October 29th 18 07:41 AM

do I need A/C service

Oumati Asami wrote:
Usually, I have A/C serviced every six months. There is this A/C
which I have not used for the past six months. Does it still need
service?

Of course not, just don't use it for another six months--and
then, don't service it again. geeze..

Handy Andy[_3_] October 29th 18 09:56 AM

do I need A/C service

On 10/29/18 1:57 AM, Oumati Asami wrote:
Usually, I have A/C serviced every six months. There is this A/C which
I have not used for the past six months. Does it still need service?

Did the refrigerant leak out?

trader_4 October 29th 18 01:52 PM

do I need A/C service

On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 1:57:35 AM UTC-4, Oumati Asami wrote:
Usually, I have A/C serviced every six months. There is this A/C which I
have not used for the past six months. Does it still need service?

What kind of AC and why does any AC need service every 6 months? If
it's being used frequently, then clean or change the filter. End of
story, unless it's defective.

Ralph Mowery October 29th 18 02:07 PM

do I need A/C service

In article ,
says...

Usually, I have A/C serviced every six months. There is this A/C which I
have not used for the past six months. Does it still need service?

I think you are getting suckered.

There is almost nothing to service in an AC system. Just change the
filter. Depending on the type. If one of the dollar ones, once a month
while in use is plenty, often I go 2 months between changes as I have a
heat pump and run it all year. The filter is seldom very dirty.

If the outside unit is in an area where it is very dirty and dusty you
may want the unit cleaned every year or two. Mine is in an area where
it isn't dusty and I clean it every few years.

If it has a leak in the refrigerent (most will say freon)get it
repaired.

Ed Pawlowski October 30th 18 12:58 AM

do I need A/C service

On 10/29/2018 7:21 PM, Oumati Asami wrote:
On 29/10/18 16:26, Handy Andy wrote:
On 10/29/18 1:57 AM, Oumati Asami wrote:
Usually, I have A/C serviced every six months. There is this A/C
which I have not used for the past six months. Does it still need
service?

Did the refrigerant leak out?

Yes.

Then you need a proper repair.