Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does anyone make high-friction door hinges?

replying to Doug Miller, John I. wrote:
Problem with bending the hinge pin is it will eventually cause the hinge to to
wear out and become noisy.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-520000-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

14 years ago I would have suggested gluing a peice of carpet the the bottom of the door for hidden friction to the floor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 19:54:48 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Fri 07 Sep 2018 09:44:02a, John I. told us...

replying to Doug Miller, John I. wrote:
Problem with bending the hinge pin is it will eventually cause the
hinge to to wear out and become noisy.

Can't say that I've seen one, and a bent hinge pin is just asking for
trouble.

At one time we had hinge "brakes" that the hinge pin went through
before going into the hinge. They were adjustable from totally free
movement to holding whatever position you left the door in, or slowly
alowing the door to close on its own. Can't say I recall where we
got them, as it's been over 20 years ago, but they do exist.

Use a bolt instead of the pin and tighten it up to taste.
.... or just smack the barrels with a hammer.

Replacing friction hinges in UPVC window Al UK diy 2 July 27th 09 01:20 PM
Window Friction Hinges robgraham UK diy 1 January 25th 09 06:23 PM
friction hinges nospam[_2_] UK diy 3 September 18th 07 08:46 AM
how-to: replacing friction hinges on Alu tilt window jkn UK diy 2 February 1st 07 10:32 PM
Thanks All! Looked at TopCote..... For severe conditions/high friction check out Molybendum at most auto/marine shops Tall Oak Woodworking 0 September 7th 06 06:49 AM