Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maax Hydromassage Bathtub

I moved into a new home with this tub and noticed after a few baths that the
hot water is leaking enough to cause water stains on the ceiling on the level
below. Now because it is only when I use the hot water, I think it is likely
the cartridge in the hot water tap. I'm planning on trying to find one to
replace it with but I was wondering if it could be anything else. When I look
at the tub from underneath, I don't see any leak spots, but the tap is right
above a partial wall where I cannot actually see what is going on unless I
break tiles. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether I may be right or what
else could be the issue?
Thanks so much!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...b-1174563-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Paul Dube posted for all of us...

I moved into a new home with this tub and noticed after a few baths that the
hot water is leaking enough to cause water stains on the ceiling on the level
below. Now because it is only when I use the hot water, I think it is likely
the cartridge in the hot water tap. I'm planning on trying to find one to
replace it with but I was wondering if it could be anything else. When I look
at the tub from underneath, I don't see any leak spots, but the tap is right
above a partial wall where I cannot actually see what is going on unless I
break tiles. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether I may be right or what
else could be the issue?
Thanks so much!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...b-1174563-.htm

Get a real newsreader and find out what is being discussed on the newsgroup:
alt.home.repair

You will find other posters that have experienced the same problem as you.

I would also address this with your Realtor and builder as an undisclosed
problem.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 3:15:34 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

I don't see how his newsreader relates to his problem or why he needs to
see what all else is being discussed. He asked a real, legitimate question..

I would also suspect that by "new" he means a house new to him, not one that
was just built.

If it's the cartridge that's leaking, then I would think the water would
be coming out from the top/front where it's visible or at least visible
with the handle off. If that's not the case, IDK how a cartridge could
make a leak from behind the faucet works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 3:47:29 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Paul,
many times there is an access panel on the other side of the wall that you can open to gain access to the plumbing. That would make it much easier.
Other wise you can make a small hole in the wall and buy a small inspection camera. They are not expensive.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 4:55:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

That's a good point. Sometimes they use a vent grill as a cover so it
looks like an HVAC return air grill for example. If it's a spa type tub
with pump, it should have an access panel of some kind.