DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Red jackets in my gas grill (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/618002-red-jackets-my-gas-grill.html)

Andy[_35_] September 3rd 18 01:33 AM

Red jackets in my gas grill

I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

\[email protected] September 3rd 18 02:30 AM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On 9/2/18 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

Some links that may help:

https://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-hom...asps-naturally

https://bestplants.com/7-natural-way...-rid-of-wasps/

https://plantcaretoday.com/natural-w...rid-wasps.html

Ed Pawlowski September 3rd 18 02:37 AM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

Where exactly are they? Will lighting the grill burn them? Can you hit
the nest with a propane torch? Soap and water spray helps. Peppermint
oil is supposed to deter them from nesting.

Meanie[_2_] September 3rd 18 03:19 AM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

Wait till dusk, cover all the holes/openings in the grill, turn it on,
when done, add bbq sauce. Roasted wasps.

[email protected] September 3rd 18 05:19 AM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 17:33:59 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

You mean like this?

http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Glorias_hornet_nest.jpg

Bob[_107_] September 3rd 18 12:35 PM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes, remove stingers, plate and serve with a blue cheese dipping sauce.

Frank[_24_] September 3rd 18 01:40 PM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

Had not heard of this wasp and see it can sting and nests may have a lot
of wasps. I would probably spray with permethrin insecticide which is
fairly safe around people or animals and would think residue would
evaporate and gotten rid of by heating up the grill before trying to
cook anything.

Wade Garrett September 3rd 18 01:57 PM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On 9/3/18 7:35 AM, Bob wrote:
On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Andy

Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes, remove stingers, plate and serve with a
blue cheese dipping sauce.

How gauche! Anyone who's not a barbarian knows that wasps are properly
served chilled and with salsa, not blue cheese...

Oren[_2_] September 3rd 18 03:59 PM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 22:19:21 -0400, Meanie wrote:

On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

Wait till dusk, cover all the holes/openings in the grill, turn it on,
when done, add bbq sauce. Roasted wasps.

It has to be a slow cook ~275° F using California Red Oak wood chunks
for a nice smoky flavor. Wasp only have to reach 140° F internal
temps to be "food safe". Glaze them with Wasp Glaze. It can be a
fruity flavor with a hint of sriracha sauce.

Oren[_2_] September 3rd 18 04:10 PM

Red jackets in my gas grill

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 21:37:02 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

Where exactly are they? Will lighting the grill burn them? Can you hit
the nest with a propane torch? Soap and water spray helps. Peppermint
oil is supposed to deter them from nesting.

Power Washer unless it fails. Then try dynamite :)

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= September 3rd 18 08:52 PM

Red jackets in my gas grill

Oren posted for all of us...

On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks,
Andy

Wait till dusk, cover all the holes/openings in the grill, turn it on,
when done, add bbq sauce. Roasted wasps.

It has to be a slow cook ~275° F using California Red Oak wood chunks
for a nice smoky flavor. Wasp only have to reach 140° F internal
temps to be "food safe". Glaze them with Wasp Glaze. It can be a
fruity flavor with a hint of sriracha sauce.

This tastes like it has a certain sting to it.

--
Tekkie