DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ozone (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/617482-ozone.html)

micky August 23rd 18 07:45 PM

Ozone

When I was a little boy and the sparking from my Lionel train included a
smell, someone told me that was ozone. That's true, right?

T[_6_] August 23rd 18 07:47 PM

Ozone

On 08/23/2018 11:45 AM, micky wrote:
When I was a little boy and the sparking from my Lionel train included a
smell, someone told me that was ozone. That's true, right?

Yes, electric sparks create ozone. Smells a bit like chlorine.

Frank[_24_] August 23rd 18 07:54 PM

Ozone

On 8/23/2018 2:47 PM, T wrote:
On 08/23/2018 11:45 AM, micky wrote:
When I was a little boy and the sparking from my Lionel train included a
smell, someone told me that was ozone.Â* That's true, right?

Yes, electric sparks create ozone.Â* Smells a bit like chlorine.

Same after an electrical storm. Ozone is a potent oxidizing agent not
often used in the lab. Some use it to get rid of house odors but it can
bleach contents like carpet and drapes.