Old August 12th 18, 08:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a power washer

Finding 3000 for 125. Want electric. ****ty sidewalks, crappy siding. Ill use it once a year, maybe less.
Gas is out. It would rot like my other gas tools.

Ranch house.

Is 3000 needed or is 2 good enough?

Old August 12th 18, 09:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2018 3:44 PM, Thomas wrote:
Finding 3000 for 125. Want electric. ****ty sidewalks, crappy siding. Ill use it once a year, maybe less.
Gas is out. It would rot like my other gas tools.

Ranch house.

Is 3000 needed or is 2 good enough?

2000 is plenty for siding. It is ok for sidewalk unless they are really
nasty. I have a SunJoe and it works for me, similar situation you have
once or twice a year.
Old August 12th 18, 09:27 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks Ed. Good to know 2 works for small stuff.
Old August 13th 18, 12:50 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 12:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Finding 3000 for 125. Want electric. ****ty sidewalks, crappy siding. Ill use it once a year, maybe less.
Gas is out. It would rot like my other gas tools.

Ranch house.

Is 3000 needed or is 2 good enough?

Electric pressure washers seem to fall into 2 categories. 120v models
that lie about their performance and a 240v 5hp model that will
actually get some work done (2700-3000 PSI at 2.5 GPM).
The 5HP electric runs with the consumer grade gas machines.
If time is not important to you a little unit will work but it is
painfully slow if you have a lot to wash.
Old August 13th 18, 02:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Finding 3000 for 125. Want electric. ****ty sidewalks, crappy siding. Ill use it once a year, maybe less.
Gas is out. It would rot like my other gas tools.

Ranch house.

Is 3000 needed or is 2 good enough?

Electric pressure washers seem to fall into 2 categories. 120v models
that lie about their performance and a 240v 5hp model that will
actually get some work done (2700-3000 PSI at 2.5 GPM).
The 5HP electric runs with the consumer grade gas machines.
If time is not important to you a little unit will work but it is
painfully slow if you have a lot to wash.

Sure, gas with higher pressure is better, but it depends on use.
My total time this year is about a half hour. If I had a gas unit, I'd
spend more time than that adding fuel and then draining it for storage.
If I used it every two weeks, it would be gas.

You are not pressure washing the siding on a house in a half hour tho.
I can't do my driveway that quick either. Even with the 2700 PSI
machine it is a few hours. We have a little electric but it is just a
toy we use for washing the love bugs off the car or cleaning out the
trash cans. Much else and I fire up a big boy.
I really have more trouble with my well water killing the pump than
the engine not starting. We usually just keep cleaning something until
it is out of gas.
I would consider a propane conversion if I had something that was used
infrequently. I did it to my generator. It is $100 or so and pretty
easy to install.
Old August 13th 18, 02:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Finding 3000 for 125. Want electric. ****ty sidewalks, crappy siding. Ill use it once a year, maybe less.
Gas is out. It would rot like my other gas tools.

Ranch house.

Is 3000 needed or is 2 good enough?

Electric pressure washers seem to fall into 2 categories. 120v models
that lie about their performance and a 240v 5hp model that will
actually get some work done (2700-3000 PSI at 2.5 GPM).
The 5HP electric runs with the consumer grade gas machines.
If time is not important to you a little unit will work but it is
painfully slow if you have a lot to wash.

There might be a third category. I have a 120V electric power washer that
someone gave to me. IDK how old it is, suspect it's probably 25+.
It's very heavy, a pain to lug around. I think it's supposed to run on
a 20A circuit. I've used it on 15, it will usually work, but it needs
a 10g extension cord, or it will trip. It has plenty of pressure to do
the jobs around the house here for me, especially cleaning the siding.
For sidewalk, it's fine, more pressure there would make it go faster.
I wonder how it compares to the new electric ones? This one looks like
it's industrial quality, I see those new electric ones in HD that look
lightweight by comparison.
Old August 13th 18, 03:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

A 180° two-phase electric pressure washer would be more powerful than a 120v single phase unit.

Old August 13th 18, 04:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

You are not pressure washing the siding on a house in a half hour tho.
I can't do my driveway that quick either. Even with the 2700 PSI
machine it is a few hours. We have a little electric but it is just a
toy we use for washing the love bugs off the car or cleaning out the
trash cans. Much else and I fire up a big boy.
I really have more trouble with my well water killing the pump than
the engine not starting. We usually just keep cleaning something until
it is out of gas.
I would consider a propane conversion if I had something that was used
infrequently. I did it to my generator. It is $100 or so and pretty
easy to install.

I made the mistake of washing my driveway one time. Took about 2 days.
Using a gas unit with plenty of pressure. The wand cut the crud with no
problem,but it was only a path about 4 inches wide. Driveway is about
200 feet long with half of that the width of a 2 car garage.

I have a tiller that I use once or twice a year for about an hour or
two. I use the ethanol free gas and even put in the Stabil as it comes
out of the same can I use to fill the mower. At the end of use, I let
it run empty and even try to crank it a few times. For the last 10
years it has never failed to start with 3 pull so or less the next year
after filling it with new gas. Oftenit starts with one pull.

Old August 13th 18, 08:52 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I had a cheap electric and it was not adequate for siding that I could
not get within maybe a foot of. Neighbor was washing his house with a
gas model with an extension. He said he once did it for a living and it
was not just a matter of pressure but also flow rate. My cheap machine
did not last long either as it developed a cracked metal line. Did not
think it was worth trying to salvage.

[Power] UK breaks solar power record, supplies more power than nuke Mike Tomlinson UK diy 55 June 5th 17 06:19 AM
Looking for an LCD TV power supply from SJ Power [email protected] Electronics Repair 4 December 6th 06 05:20 PM
Looking for power switch for a power hacksaw Charles Meyer Metalworking 3 January 3rd 06 11:55 AM
Power Washer Power Saml Home Repair 10 October 12th 05 12:58 AM
stacked washer dryer, dryer works, washer does not [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 14th 05 09:53 PM