Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Metal tariffs: A nonsensical solution in search of a problem

President Trumps tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum are so
ill-conceived that even those meant to benefit from them are crying out
for relief. Citing a lack of domestic supply, Alcoa this week requested
that the Trump administration grant the company an exemption from
tariffs on aluminum imports from Canada.

Theyre going to have to get in line. The Commerce Department says that
it has already received over 20,000 such requests to be excluded from
steel and aluminum tariffs.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/4...h-of-a-problem
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/08/2018 07:41, Bod wrote:
President Trumps tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum are so
ill-conceived that even those meant to benefit from them are crying out
for relief. Citing a lack of domestic supply, Alcoa this week requested
that the Trump administration grant the company an exemption from
tariffs on aluminum imports from Canada.

Theyre going to have to get in line. The Commerce Department says that
it has already received over 20,000 such requests to be excluded from
steel and aluminum tariffs.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/4...h-of-a-problem

(Trump) "trade wars are easy to win".

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 1:41:18 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
President Trumps tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum are so
ill-conceived that even those meant to benefit from them are crying out
for relief. Citing a lack of domestic supply, Alcoa this week requested
that the Trump administration grant the company an exemption from
tariffs on aluminum imports from Canada.

Theyre going to have to get in line. The Commerce Department says that
it has already received over 20,000 such requests to be excluded from
steel and aluminum tariffs.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/4...h-of-a-problem
--
Bod

And this has affected you how? Has it cost you any money? Has any of your property been taken from you? Have your rights been violated? Have you been kicked out of your home? Do you own a factory that you're turning over to the Chinese? Has anything President Trump said or done harmed you in any way? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 2:41:18 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
President Trumps tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum are so
ill-conceived that even those meant to benefit from them are crying out
for relief. Citing a lack of domestic supply, Alcoa this week requested
that the Trump administration grant the company an exemption from
tariffs on aluminum imports from Canada.

Theyre going to have to get in line. The Commerce Department says that
it has already received over 20,000 such requests to be excluded from
steel and aluminum tariffs.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/4...h-of-a-problem
--
Bod

Interesting that as part of this I didn't see Alcoa saying that this need
is temporary, because they will be using money from the big corp tax cut
to build three new plants and hire 3000 workers either. They said that
even if the US returns to full aluminum capacity, we still will need to
import more than half of our aluminum. Kind of a stunning statement,
sounds like maybe we've found the real source of that part of the trade problem.
Fat, dumb and lazy?

It's kind of what you'd expect. If you were a young bright MBA 10, 20
years ago, would you go to pursue a career in making steel and aluminum?
So, those industries probably don't have the sharpest, most aggressive
tools in the shed. It would be interesting to see someone like Elon Musk
start a new company in steel or aluminum and what he could do.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 07:49:10 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

Buy British or STFU and move.

Trade war or damp squid? I'm confused. I'm not feeling any pain
whatsoever. So solly. I suspect though that buying American is something
people are avoiding. You are just being ****ing irritating so guess
what, you lose some of our business. Stupid or what. Worse though, for
you, long term your customers won't come back if they find an equal or
better alternative supplier.

:
: They're going to have to get in line. The Commerce Department says that
: it has already received over 20,000 such requests to be excluded from
: steel and aluminum tariffs.
:
:
http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/4...h-of-a-problem
:
: (Trump) "trade wars are easy to win".
:
: --
: Bod

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,
punk ass dole whore troll, religious maniac, lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian,
the most complete ignoid, joker, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896