Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water temp problem

It's been 110 - 115 here for weeks. My fridge died a few days ago. I called
Sears for service on my fridge maintance contract. Yesterday guy didn't
show up - or at least disn't call my cell or landline and make his presence
known. Rescheduled appt not till 8/11 - a week from today.

Pronlem is, in this heat, how can I get cool/cold drinking water? Fridge is
at about 80 - so drinking water stored there is pretty warm. Can't think of
any way to cool it. Does someone make a little not too expensive cooler?
Probably would beed a compressor and be quite expensive. Probably same for
as very small fridge, is such exists.

Any ideas? I'm probably SOL but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here. Some
very smart ingenious people here.

YIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 1:50:27 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
It's been 110 - 115 here for weeks. My fridge died a few days ago. I called
Sears for service on my fridge maintance contract. Yesterday guy didn't
show up - or at least disn't call my cell or landline and make his presence
known. Rescheduled appt not till 8/11 - a week from today.

Another sad maintenance contract story. I suppose with the heat, maybe
you can't get anyone real fast, but a week is pretty bad.

Pronlem is, in this heat, how can I get cool/cold drinking water? Fridge is
at about 80 - so drinking water stored there is pretty warm. Can't think of
any way to cool it. Does someone make a little not too expensive cooler?
Probably would beed a compressor and be quite expensive. Probably same for
as very small fridge, is such exists.

Any ideas? I'm probably SOL but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here. Some
very smart ingenious people here.

YIA

I'd use a cooler with a bag of ice from the supermarket every day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pronlem is, in this heat, how can I get cool/cold drinking water? Fridge is
at about 80 - so drinking water stored there is pretty warm. Can't think of
any way to cool it. Does someone make a little not too expensive cooler?
Probably would beed a compressor and be quite expensive. Probably same for
as very small fridge, is such exists.

small "dorm" refrigerators are $75 or so at plenty of outlets.

There are also small ones marketed for truckers, etc., that will
operate off DC or a transformer. Ditto for pricing.

I've seen both of these as low as $50. They're also frequenlty
available at second hand shops like Habitat, Goodwill, etc.

NOTE: Make sure to sit them upright for at least 12 hours
before turning on. Otherise Bad Thing [tm] can happen

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2018 3:36 PM, danny burstein wrote:
Does someone make a little not too expensive cooler?
Probably would beed a compressor and be quite expensive. Probably same for
as very small fridge, is such exists.

small "dorm" refrigerators are $75 or so at plenty of outlets.

That would be my fist choice. Head to WalMart While waiting for it to
cool, toss in a bag of ice to get by a few hours.

I'd call Sears and bitch every day too. Maybe twice a day. This is
terrible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Water would be of least concern. Warm water will not harm you. What about warm food?

Hang some bottles in front of your ac.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas wrote in
:

Water would be of least concern. Warm water will not harm you. What
about warm food?

At present, besides condiments, I am only keeping eggs and bread in fridge.
They should be obvious if bad. So far, so good. Used both yesterday for
lunch. Five more days. I expect to see mold on the bread any day now. My
other food is mostly all from cans.

Hang some bottles in front of your ac.

I thought of that yesterday afternoon - only I use a swamp cooler. Helps
somewhat - water almost cool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 16:28:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote
in

On 8/4/2018 3:36 PM, danny burstein wrote:
Does someone make a little not too expensive cooler?
Probably would beed a compressor and be quite expensive. Probably same for
as very small fridge, is such exists.

small "dorm" refrigerators are $75 or so at plenty of outlets.

That would be my fist choice. Head to WalMart While waiting for it to
cool, toss in a bag of ice to get by a few hours.

I'd call Sears and bitch every day too. Maybe twice a day. This is
terrible.

I thought Sears went out of business.
Posted to alt.home.repair

KenK wrote in
:

It's been 110 - 115 here for weeks. My fridge died a few days ago. I
called Sears for service on my fridge maintance contract. Yesterday
guy didn't show up - or at least disn't call my cell or landline and
make his presence known. Rescheduled appt not till 8/11 - a week from
today.

Pronlem is, in this heat, how can I get cool/cold drinking water?
Fridge is at about 80 - so drinking water stored there is pretty warm.
Can't think of any way to cool it. Does someone make a little not too
expensive cooler? Probably would beed a compressor and be quite
expensive. Probably same for as very small fridge, is such exists.

Any ideas? I'm probably SOL but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here.
Some very smart ingenious people here.

YIA

Found a big used fridge for $40 delivered. Now I have cold water. Ahhhh!
And a place to put perishable food. Put it in my shop.