DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How much extra do people affiliated with Home Advisor charge? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/614925-how-much-extra-do-people-affiliated-home-advisor-charge.html)

NJOracle July 17th 18 04:08 PM

How much extra do people affiliated with Home Advisor charge?

I bought a new shower sliding door and went online to find someone to install it. The person who
contacted me from Home Advisor wanted $425 to install the door and cart the old door away. I then
went to Home Depot where I bought the door and asked for a recommendation. That recommendation gave
me a couple of choices and I selected the one who did the job for $185. Question: Do people
associated with Home Advisor generally charge at the high end of a range of possibilities?

Oren[_2_] July 17th 18 05:42 PM

How much extra do people affiliated with Home Advisor charge?

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 11:08:32 -0400, njoracle
wrote:

I bought a new shower sliding door and went online to find someone to install it. The person who
contacted me from Home Advisor wanted $425 to install the door and cart the old door away. I then
went to Home Depot where I bought the door and asked for a recommendation. That recommendation gave
me a couple of choices and I selected the one who did the job for $185. Question: Do people
associated with Home Advisor generally charge at the high end of a range of possibilities?

Sure, if you let them get away with it.

Ralph Mowery July 17th 18 06:08 PM

How much extra do people affiliated with Home Advisor charge?

In article , in says...

I bought a new shower sliding door and went online to find someone to install it. The person who
contacted me from Home Advisor wanted $425 to install the door and cart the old door away. I then
went to Home Depot where I bought the door and asked for a recommendation. That recommendation gave
me a couple of choices and I selected the one who did the job for $185. Question: Do people
associated with Home Advisor generally charge at the high end of a range of possibilities?

I used them to have a roof put on. Got 4 calls within that many hours
or less. The two low bids was about $ 8000, one was $ 12000 and one was
about $ 18,000. All for about the same quality shingles.