DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Swamp Cooler keeps shutting off (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/614415-swamp-cooler-keeps-shutting-off.html)

terimoynahan July 9th 18 07:14 PM

Swamp Cooler keeps shutting off

My swamp cooler shuts off and turns back on and it is squealing when it comes
back on. Can someone help me figure out what the issue is.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...f-1170334-.htm

dpb[_3_] July 9th 18 09:50 PM

On 7/9/2018 1:14 PM, terimoynahan wrote:
My swamp cooler shuts off and turns back on and it is squealing when it
comes back on.Â* Can someone help me figure out what the issue is.

Belt's loose...
Bearing going/gone out...

If the cycling is from thermostat first is probably all; if it's kicking
out because of thermal overload on motor or the like the latter.