Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nothing like the smell of skunk in the morning

Of all the skunks I've encountered in my life this is the most ****ed off aggressive little basterd I've ever met.

The little **** came running out from under the truck stomping it's feet with it's tail raised, like it was trying to start a fight. I refrained from kicking it.

I caught the little ******* in the cage trap. This morning when I went outside to put a blanket over the trap to transport it to a place of execution, I wasn't fast enough. The ******* sprayed my legs. It wasn't too bad at first. Now it's getting pretty rank. I was wearing shorts so it's in my skin. Bathing didn't seem to help. The smell is everywhere. I've still got to carry the ******* out and kill it, giving it another chance to get me. If I drown it in the stock tank, I wonder if it'd contaminate the water and kill the goldfish?

Reading how to get the smell out, it says tomato juice doesn't work, so later on I'll just make some bloody Mary's and see if I still care.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/9/2018 10:30 AM, Dogma wrote:
[...]

Googled this up:

Mix 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, ¼ cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon
dish-washing liquid. Apply this mixture in the same way you would the
vinegar solution.

Odor is a mercaptan, a sulfur compound, and this should oxidize it.

I heard a skunk would not spray if confined in a cage trap but I guess
this is not always the case. I have always opened the trap using a pole
at a distance and let them loose as they do not usually stick around.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank"frank wrote:
[...]

The little ******* ran fast, he got away. It's been too long since I've shot the shotgun. I got close though. He's far enough away its doubtful he'll make it back here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/10/18 10:57 PM, Dogma wrote:

Many years ago there were four tiny little skunks that came up to where
I was sitting in the dark. They were sweet, cute, little babies that
weren't aggressive at all. I left them alone.
This one the other night acted like he was bad and knew it, like, why
aren't you running? I'm a skunk, you don't want to mess with me, I'm bad.
Little thug antifa skunk. He probably would have bit me if he'd got the
chance.

Aren't skunks notorious for having rabies?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 9:30:26 AM UTC-5, Dogma wrote:
[...]

I had to laugh when I saw your nym because that's what I'm going to name my next dog. I knew some gals years ago who had a dog named "Dammit". They would call their dog and yell, "Come here Dammit!". If he was bad, it was, "Get down Dammit!" "Drop it Dammit!" "Get away from there Dammit!" The dog liked me. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Panting Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/11/2018 7:08 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 7/10/18 10:57 PM, Dogma wrote:

Many years ago there were four tiny little skunks that came up to
where I was sitting in the dark. They were sweet, cute, little babies
that weren't aggressive at all. I left them alone.
This one the other night acted like he was bad and knew it, like, why
aren't you running? I'm a skunk, you don't want to mess with me, I'm bad.
Little thug antifa skunk. He probably would have bit me if he'd got
the chance.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Aren't skunks notorious for having rabies?

Rabies is endemic around here and any animal acting strangely should be
avoided. Foxes and raccoons appear to be the worst offenders and will
attack and bite you. Wife's friend was bitten by a bat and needed
shots. If they cannot capture the animal and test it, you get the vaccine.

Skunks are kind of cute and I imagine a de-skunked one with proper shots
would make a nice pet but don't know if they would use a litter box like
a cat.

Last one I caught in my Hav-a-hart had 3 babies with her and would not
leave and were jumping all over the trap. Fortunately the trap was
beneath my deck and I could open it with a pole from the 10 foot deck.
Mamma just took her time leaving with the kids.

I've encountered skunks many times and they are fearless. They won't
come after you but you have to get out of their way.