Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need Help Connecting Garden Hose to Faucet

https://i.imgur.com/TaK03fH.jpg

I'd like to connect a garden hose to my faucet's quick-connect adapter
when not using the dental irrigator that's usually connected to it. On
the left is the quick-connect adapter for a standard faucet that came
with my Oster QuickBreeze dental irrigator. The irrigator also came
with a snap-coupler that easily connects and disconnects to/from the
adapter.

I need to know if my quick-connect adapter is compatible with the
garden hose snap-coupler on the right of the pic. The flat white top
of the snap-coupler is supposed to connect to the faucet's
quick-connect adapter. The threaded bottom of the snap-coupler
connects to a 1/2" NPT male garden hose. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 01 Jul 2018 18:11:00 -0500, M.L. wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/TaK03fH.jpg

I'd like to connect a garden hose to my faucet's quick-connect adapter
when not using the dental irrigator that's usually connected to it. On
the left is the quick-connect adapter for a standard faucet that came
with my Oster QuickBreeze dental irrigator. The irrigator also came
with a snap-coupler that easily connects and disconnects to/from the
adapter.

I need to know if my quick-connect adapter is compatible with the
garden hose snap-coupler on the right of the pic. The flat white top
of the snap-coupler is supposed to connect to the faucet's
quick-connect adapter. The threaded bottom of the snap-coupler
connects to a 1/2" NPT male garden hose. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Don't see why not. If you can get to 1/2 npt there are lots of widgets
that get you to garden hose from there. Start in the lawn sprinkler
area of the home/hardware store.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Thanks for your reply. Neither part is expensive and your
encouragement makes me want to buy them and see if they work together.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/01/2018 07:11 PM, M.L. wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/TaK03fH.jpg

I'd like to connect a garden hose to my faucet's quick-connect adapter
when not using the dental irrigator that's usually connected to it. On
the left is the quick-connect adapter for a standard faucet that came
with my Oster QuickBreeze dental irrigator. The irrigator also came
with a snap-coupler that easily connects and disconnects to/from the
adapter.

I need to know if my quick-connect adapter is compatible with the
garden hose snap-coupler on the right of the pic. The flat white top
of the snap-coupler is supposed to connect to the faucet's
quick-connect adapter. The threaded bottom of the snap-coupler
connects to a 1/2" NPT male garden hose. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Watering your lawn/flowers would be easier if you installed a silcock on the outside of your house.