DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ozone generator for cigar room in home with pets (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/613795-ozone-generator-cigar-room-home-pets.html)

Sticks702 June 29th 18 08:14 PM

Ozone generator for cigar room in home with pets

I have a cigar room in my home and am looking to run a smaller ozone generator
in just that room to get rid of the tobacco smell (@ 15' X 10'). I have cats
and dogs. Do I have to have them entirely out of the house to run an ozone
generator in just that room?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1169755-.htm

Bob F June 30th 18 04:49 PM

On 6/29/2018 12:14 PM, Sticks702 wrote:
I have a cigar room in my home and am looking to run a smaller ozone
generator
in just that room to get rid of the tobacco smell (@ 15' X 10'). I have
cats
and dogs. Do I have to have them entirely out of the house to run an ozone
generator in just that room?

An exhaust fan might make more sense.

Dog Turd June 30th 18 04:57 PM

On 6/29/2018 3:14 PM, Sticks702 wrote:
I have a cigar room in my home and am looking to run a smaller ozone generator
in just that room to get rid of the tobacco smell (@ 15' X 10'). I have cats
and dogs. Do I have to have them entirely out of the house to run an ozone
generator in just that room?

The ozone generator will take care of the smell but what do you do about that nasty taste?

Frank[_24_] June 30th 18 08:11 PM

On 6/30/2018 11:57 AM, Dog Turd wrote:
On 6/29/2018 3:14 PM, Sticks702 wrote:
I have a cigar room in my home and am looking to run a smaller ozone
generator
in just that room to get rid of the tobacco smell (@ 15' X 10'). I
have cats
and dogs. Do I have to have them entirely out of the house to run an
ozone
generator in just that room?

The ozone generator will take care of the smell but what do you do about
that nasty taste?

Our son recently bought a house and had it fumigated to rid of cooking
smells. They did not use ozone as it is too destructive to fabrics and
carpeting.

Ozone is also tough on people. They said today is a high ozone day and
us old folks should be careful outside but I was outside and could not
smell it. Electrical storms or sparks through the air give that
noticeable odor. Better off to get some type of air purifier that
circulates the air through it.

gregz July 1st 18 08:46 AM

Sticks702 m wrote:
I have a cigar room in my home and am looking to run a smaller ozone generator
in just that room to get rid of the tobacco smell (@ 15' X 10'). I have cats
and dogs. Do I have to have them entirely out of the house to run an ozone
generator in just that room?

Just the room for a hour, then wait over an hour for return. House HVAC
ducts can flow into other rooms if fan is running, not as strong, but best
be left off for 2 hours.

A decent ozone machine should deodorize in about 20 minutes, then wait 1
hour before returning. An additional fan in that room will help with the
cleanup.

Greg