Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge size

Have a space for a new fridge that measures just under 36" wide. Most new
fridges are 35.75" wide but I am wondering if it is a risk to buy one that
size and find out it just won't fit

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1168806-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/11/2018 5:44 PM, Michael Klein wrote:
Have a space for a new fridge that measures just under 36" wide. Most new
fridges are 35.75" wide but I am wondering if it is a risk to buy one that
size and find out it just won't fit

What is "just under"? They are made to fit in a 36" opening. What was
in there before? Check how many little lines under. If it is one, it
should still fit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:44:02 GMT, Michael Klein
m wrote:

Have a space for a new fridge that measures just under 36" wide. Most new
fridges are 35.75" wide but I am wondering if it is a risk to buy one that
size and find out it just won't fit

My fridge is 30 inches - pretty standard -
Only the big 25 cu ft side-by-side are 35 3/4.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 5:57:58 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/11/2018 5:44 PM, Michael Klein wrote:
Have a space for a new fridge that measures just under 36" wide. Most new
fridges are 35.75" wide but I am wondering if it is a risk to buy one that
size and find out it just won't fit

What is "just under"? They are made to fit in a 36" opening.

That sounds right. Just measured mine, it's 35 3/8 measured at the doors.
The case extends out just a bit further. They are what they are, I think
they are built accurately, I don[t think he's going to find one that's
supposed to be 35.75 and have it wind up being 36.

Depending on where it's going, I'd also recommend looking at counter-depth
models. They cost a bit more, but they are taller and won't stick out
and look ugly like a regular model will. Mine looks almost like it's
built in.