Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

Default Gotta Lotta Bottle

Is this the answer to US milk over production?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfnvUDf_-g

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 10:04:41 +0100, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
wrote:

Is this the answer to US milk over production?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfnvUDf_-g

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

Define "overproduction'.
I understand that places like New Zealand decided to piggy back off of
US price supports on dairy (basically the US government was buying
milk and sequestering it to prop up the price).
When that ended (Reagan and Clinton) the milk ended up on the world
market. Russia was buying it but those sanctions we keep talking
about, shut off that market, the price crashed and dairy farmers
suffered.
That is the part of the sanctions nobody seems to want to talk about.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is this the answer to US milk over production?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfnvUDf_-g

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

Define "overproduction'.
I understand that places like New Zealand decided to piggy back off of
US price supports on dairy (basically the US government was buying
milk and sequestering it to prop up the price).
When that ended (Reagan and Clinton) the milk ended up on the world
market. Russia was buying it but those sanctions we keep talking
about, shut off that market, the price crashed and dairy farmers
suffered.
That is the part of the sanctions nobody seems to want to talk about.

Somebody posted an awful video on dairy production in New Zealand where
calves were slaughtered right after birth. A story is he

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11943587

Of course animal rights people come down on this from the worst viewpoint.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We were in NZ a while ago and watched Paul Henry until he retired.
There was always a lot of talk about "dairy". It seems NZ decided
dairy was better than sheep back in the days when the US was buying
and giving all of our excess dairy away to poor people. Reagan/Bush
and finally Carter killed that program. Then the Russians and Chinese
came on board and took up the slack.
Now that the Russians are embargoed, dairy is a glut on the market and
dairy farmers are selling their cows for meat. (including in the US).
Like I said the russian sanctions hurt everyone.