DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tilia vacuum sealer hose question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/611632-tilia-vacuum-sealer-hose-question.html)

mike[_22_] May 26th 18 03:49 AM

Tilia vacuum sealer hose question

I bought some Tilia Vacuum sealed containers at a garage
sale. The vacuum connection is different from all the
Foodsaver hoses that I have. The standard Foodsaver
hose end will fit in the hole, but there's no seal around
it, so no vacuum gets in ;-)

https://imgur.com/AV9NAnX

You have to push down on the red center and seal
around it.
I managed to get it to work with an O-ring and a brass
fitting, but it's fiddly and I'll surely lose the loose parts
before I need them.

I've google searched Tilia and Foodsaver images, but not
found any pictures of the hose end.

Before I start trying to remember where I put the lathe tools
to make one,
it would be nice to see what a real one looks like.

I thought about using a suction cup, but it would have
to be quite flexible. Don't know how to drill a hole
in soft material
that will be clean enough to seal around the hose.

Anybody got a picture or a verbal description of these
vacuum connections?

Thanks, mike

a May 26th 18 01:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0woyPyAyU

None May 26th 18 03:27 PM

On Sat, 26 May 2018 07:15:41 -0400, a wrote:

On 05/25/2018 09:49 PM, mike wrote:
Anybody got a picture or a verbal description of these
vacuum connections?

Thanks, mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0woyPyAyU

Nymshifter, you're on a roll this morning, responding to your own
posts.

mike[_22_] May 27th 18 01:43 AM

On 5/26/2018 4:15 AM, a wrote:
On 05/25/2018 09:49 PM, mike wrote:
Anybody got a picture or a verbal description of these
vacuum connections?

Thanks, mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0woyPyAyU

Thanks, but if you'd read the part you snipped,
you'd have known that the video shows the vacuum
interface that's different from the one I pictured.
Hence the question...

Bob F May 27th 18 08:11 PM

On 5/26/2018 4:43 PM, mike wrote:
On 5/26/2018 4:15 AM, a wrote:
On 05/25/2018 09:49 PM, mike wrote:
Anybody got a picture or a verbal description of these
vacuum connections?

Thanks, mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0woyPyAyU

Thanks, but if you'd read the part you snipped,
you'd have known that the video shows the vacuum
interface that's different from the one I pictured.
Hence the question...

Have you tried wrapping a little tape around the tube to make it bigger.

mike[_22_] May 27th 18 09:36 PM

On 5/27/2018 11:11 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 5/26/2018 4:43 PM, mike wrote:
On 5/26/2018 4:15 AM, a wrote:
On 05/25/2018 09:49 PM, mike wrote:
Anybody got a picture or a verbal description of these
vacuum connections?

Thanks, mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0woyPyAyU

Thanks, but if you'd read the part you snipped,
you'd have known that the video shows the vacuum
interface that's different from the one I pictured.
Hence the question...

Have you tried wrapping a little tape around the tube to make it bigger.

Yes, I wrapped a little tape around the tube and it made it bigger.
Now what?
I'm not asking for kludges, I'm asking if anybody knows what the REAL
adapter made by Tila looks like.
The container link got snipped.
This is what it has to mate with:
https://imgur.com/AV9NAnX

[email protected] June 7th 21 11:31 PM

Tilia vacuum sealer hose question

The older ones with the white knob and red center (marked: open, vacuum, closed) have to be sealed with the large mason type jar sealer. It fits over the center of the container...attach the vacuum hose, seal, remove hose and jar adapter, turn center knob to closed.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...n-1167625-.htm