Phil

Default "Bellawood" Laminate Flooring

Does anyone have any experiences with "Dream Home" laminate floor, apparantly manufactured
by Bellawood and sold by Lumber Liquidators?

They have 3 lines ...

Utopia (6mm thick, 10 yr warranty)
Charisma (7mm, 20 yr, w/ pre-glued 3mm sound proof foam underlay attached)
Nirvana (8mm, 25 yr, w/ the same 3mm foam underlay)

They also sell a foam-type of underlayment that they say is a moisture barrier. Would you
use that as well as the pre-attached foam underlay (thereby making a fairly "bouncy"
floor, I would think), or would you just put plastic down first as a moisture barrier?
This would be installed on a concrete slab.

Thanks

PhilZ
Edwin Pawlowski

"Phil" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experiences with "Dream Home" laminate floor,

apparantly manufactured
by Bellawood and sold by Lumber Liquidators?

Not me. I've just seen the ads.

They also sell a foam-type of underlayment that they say is a moisture

barrier. Would you
use that as well as the pre-attached foam underlay (thereby making a

fairly "bouncy"
floor, I would think), or would you just put plastic down first as a

moisture barrier?
This would be installed on a concrete slab.

What does the Bella people say to do? I put down a Mannington engineered
wood floor over concrete slap. You need the foam backed moisture barrier to
do it. No, it does not make it bouncy at all. It has been down a year this
month and is in great shape. I'd do it again.
Ed

Pat