DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Why are motors not current limited? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/609551-re-why-motors-not-current-limited.html)

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife April 24th 18 02:22 PM

Why are motors not current limited?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:17:40 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:51:13 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , says...

My cable bill is zero :-)

Don't you have to pay a 'user tax' on each TV you have in the house ?

Here we can get free TV over the air without any cable or dishes.

If I wanted to I can hook up an outside antenna and get about 40
different channels. Granted about half of them show the same thing.

Again, it is not the need, but the wants that determin how to spend the
money.

No "user tax" and we CAN get local TV free over the air - but
everyone wants the major networks and specialty channels.

With an antenna I can get 3 channels

I can get a few hundred free channels with an antenna. About the same as a dish. Both will give me more if I subscribe to things. There seems to be no answer as to whether we should be using satellites or radio waves on the ground for TV just now, so they're using both. 90% of channels are transmitted both ways, some only on one or the other.

--
"I can't find a cause for your illness," the doctor said. "Frankly, I think it's due to drinking."
"In that case," replied his blonde patient, "I'll come back when you're sober."