DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Why are motors not current limited? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/609543-re-why-motors-not-current-limited.html)

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife April 24th 18 02:17 PM

Why are motors not current limited?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:01:29 +0100, Ralph Mowery wrote:

In article , says...

We need these morons to buy the new cars so the used ones remain at sensible prices. Same thing seems to happen with white goods (like washing machines worth £250 selling for £40 when they're only 3 years old and have 12 years left in them).

I do keep the white goods untuil they break. My refrig and dishwasher
are about 15 years old. When we bought this house that long ago, we got
a new stove, refrig, dish washer. Kept our old washer and dryer, but
they quit about 8 years ago so got new ones.

My dishwasher was free, 6 months old, because it didn't match the colour of someone's kitchen when they repainted it. My washing machine was free because it leaked (a bit), about 6 years old. I bought a door seal for £7 and it works fine.

--
A bloke walks into a Glasgow library and says to the prim librarian,
"Excuse me Miss, dey ye hae ony books on suicide?"