DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how can you tell if your breaker is bad (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/608317-how-can-you-tell-if-your-breaker-bad.html)

big R April 4th 18 03:44 AM

how can you tell if your breaker is bad

there's no power in a bedroom ,the rest of the house has power

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...d-1163293-.htm

Ed Pawlowski April 4th 18 05:12 AM

On 4/3/2018 10:44 PM, big R wrote:
there's no power in a bedroom ,the rest of the house has power

Did you reset the breaker? Turn it OFF and then back ON to reset. If
it pops again, unplug everthing on that circuit and put them back in one
at a time.

Uncle Monster[_2_] April 4th 18 09:15 AM

On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 9:44:08 PM UTC-5, big R wrote:
there's no power in a bedroom ,the rest of the house has power
--

I've a really dumb question for you. Do you have a fuse box or a breaker panel? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Curious Monster

Fred McKenzie April 4th 18 07:28 PM

how can you tell if your breaker is bad

In article ,
big R m wrote:

there's no power in a bedroom ,the rest of the house has power

I would swap two identical breakers. If the problem swaps, then the
breaker is bad.

If the problem goes away, then the breaker may have had corroded
contacts. I had that happen in an old apartment.

Fred

Ralph Mowery April 4th 18 07:58 PM

how can you tell if your breaker is bad

In article ,
says...
there's no power in a bedroom ,the rest of the house has power

I would swap two identical breakers. If the problem swaps, then the
breaker is bad.

If the problem goes away, then the breaker may have had corroded
contacts. I had that happen in an old apartment.

Yea, just change the wires with a breaker that has an identical current
rating and see if the problem is the same breaker or in the circuit
external to the breaker.