DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flat rate electricity like water? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/608258-re-flat-rate-electricity-like-water.html)

Sam E April 3rd 18 03:58 PM

Flat rate electricity like water?

On 04/02/2018 08:51 PM, wrote:

[snip]

The washer uses as much water with a full load as a half
load, the full load may even use less water.

Live alone and wash half loads? I never did, but waited until I had a
full load.

[snip]

[email protected] April 3rd 18 06:39 PM

Flat rate electricity like water?

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 17:37:28 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 15:58:33 +0100, Sam E wrote:

On 04/02/2018 08:51 PM, wrote:

[snip]

The washer uses as much water with a full load as a half
load, the full load may even use less water.

Live alone and wash half loads? I never did, but waited until I had a
full load.

Indeed, anyone with at least half a brain does this. Water (end electricity) cost is per item of clothing or per dish. Hence it's per person.

It depends on how many dishes you have then doesn't it? If you are
single, you might not even own enough dishes to fill a dish washer and
you will run out of pans long before you run out of plates because you
can't cook in a paper pan.

Peeler[_2_] April 3rd 18 08:13 PM

Idiocy Flat Rate for Yanks? LOL

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 13:39:03 -0400, , the mentally
challenged, troll-feeding Yankie idiot, blabbered:

It depends on how many dishes you have then doesn't it? If you are
single, you might not even own enough dishes to fill a dish washer and
you will run out of pans long before you run out of plates because you
can't cook in a paper pan.

snicker Geezuz ...what a driveling idiot indeed! LOL

[email protected] April 3rd 18 08:45 PM

Flat rate electricity like water?

On 04/02/2018 08:51 PM, wrote:

[snip]

The washer uses as much water with a full load as a half
load, the full load may even use less water.

Live alone and wash half loads? I never did, but waited until I had a
full load.

Indeed, anyone with at least half a brain does this. Water (end electricity) cost is per item of clothing or per dish. Hence it's per person.

It depends on how many dishes you have then doesn't it? If you are
single, you might not even own enough dishes to fill a dish washer and
you will run out of pans long before you run out of plates because you
can't cook in a paper pan.

That's happened occasionally, I just order more cutlery/pots/pans off Ebay. It's not so much the cost of running the dishwasher, but the hassle of loading it.

I don't even own one.

Peeler[_2_] April 3rd 18 09:27 PM

Idiocy Flat Rate for Yanks? LOL

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 15:45:24 -0400, , another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding Yankie idiot, blabbered:

I don't even own one.

Doesn't stop you from driveling about it like the totally ****ed up senile
oaf that you are, eh? G