DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scuff marks on avacado stove top (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/606922-scuff-marks-avacado-stove-top.html)

Ely McCown March 14th 18 03:44 AM

Scuff marks on avacado stove top

I have a vintage avacado ge stove top that seems to be getting scuff marks on
it from setting cups or utensils on it. Basically grey marks but not
scratches in the surface. Is there a way to get rid of these marks without
harming the surface of the stove? Someone said metal polish might remove the
marks. But I don't want to damage it if it's not something that can be fixed.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/de

Alice[_5_] March 14th 18 04:11 AM

On 03/13/2018 11:44 PM, Ely McCown wrote:
I have a vintage avacado ge stove top that seems to be getting scuff marks on
it from setting cups or utensils on it.Â* Basically grey marks but not
scratches in the surface.Â* Is there a way to get rid of these marks without
harming the surface of the stove?Â* Someone said metal polish might remove the
marks.Â* But I don't want to damage it if it's not something that can be fixed.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/de

Here's what I use to get come stains off the counter tops:

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/cle...ucts/cleanser/

rbowman March 14th 18 04:23 AM

On 03/13/2018 10:11 PM, Alice wrote:
On 03/13/2018 11:44 PM, Ely McCown wrote:
I have a vintage avacado ge stove top that seems to be getting scuff
marks on
it from setting cups or utensils on it. Basically grey marks but not
scratches in the surface. Is there a way to get rid of these marks
without
harming the surface of the stove? Someone said metal polish might
remove the
marks. But I don't want to damage it if it's not something that can
be fixed.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/de

Here's what I use to get come stains off the counter tops:

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/cle...ucts/cleanser/

+1 on that. Try in in an inconspicuous place. The oxalic acid cuts
through a lot of crud.