DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   $2358 per square foot (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/606368-%242358-per-square-foot.html)

Dean Hoffman[_12_] March 3rd 18 03:04 PM

$2358 per square foot

People have too much money.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/02/sunnyvale-home-shatters-new-record-with-enormous-price-tag/
The $2358 sets a record.

Oren[_2_] March 3rd 18 09:35 PM

$2358 per square foot

On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 09:04:07 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

People have too much money.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/02/sunnyvale-home-shatters-new-record-with-enormous-price-tag/
The $2358 sets a record.

Land? They don't make it anymore. Location.location,location.

There was a very small plot of land near a rail line with a spike.
Enough to have a rail box car. It was almost shaped like a slice of
pie. The seller made some good dollars and the deal.

Dean Hoffman[_12_] March 3rd 18 10:14 PM

$2358 per square foot

On Sat, 03 Mar 2018 15:04:07 -0000, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

*** People have too much money.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/02/sunnyvale-home-shatters-new-record-with-enormous-price-tag/

**** The $2358 sets a record.

No, there are too many people, so too much competition.

It seems odd to me that working from home on the internet hasn't
caught
on more. We're probably at least 5000 miles apart. We could get
documents
back and forth in the blink of an eye.
Yet radio stations in larger cities have traffic reports. Traffic
jams and delays
seem common. I bet a good portion of the drivers are desk jockeys.
What's
point of them driving in? Do the bosses just need someone to fetch
their coffee?

Ed Pawlowski March 3rd 18 10:20 PM

$2358 per square foot

wrote:

People have too much money.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/02/sunnyvale-home-shatters-new-record-with-enormous-price-tag/
The $2358 sets a record.

Land? They don't make it anymore. Location.location,location.

In my town that house would bring about $150k. I cannot imagine paying
that much for location anywhere in the world.

Peeler[_2_] March 3rd 18 11:15 PM

Gay Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sat, 03 Mar 2018 22:39:28 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

It seems odd to me that working from home on the internet hasn't
caught
on more. We're probably at least 5000 miles apart. We could get
documents
back and forth in the blink of an eye.
Yet radio stations in larger cities have traffic reports. Traffic
jams and delays
seem common. I bet a good portion of the drivers are desk jockeys.
What's
point of them driving in? Do the bosses just need someone to fetch
their coffee?

Agreed.

Another idiot who doesn't realize what kind of an idiot you are, eh,
Birdbrain? Just what is it with those senile Yanks? BG

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

Oren[_2_] March 3rd 18 11:58 PM

$2358 per square foot

wrote:

People have too much money.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/02/sunnyvale-home-shatters-new-record-with-enormous-price-tag/
The $2358 sets a record.

Land? They don't make it anymore. Location.location,location.

In my town that house would bring about $150k. I cannot imagine paying
that much for location anywhere in the world.

The house photo reminded me, in my town, something like 50-60s old Las
Vegas.

Ed Pawlowski March 4th 18 01:29 AM

$2358 per square foot

On 3/3/2018 5:14 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

***** It seems odd to me that working from home on the internet hasn't
caught
*on more.* We're probably at least 5000 miles apart.** We could get
documents
back and forth in the blink of an eye.
** Yet radio stations in larger cities have traffic reports.** Traffic
jams and delays
seem common.* I bet a good portion of the drivers are desk jockeys. What's
point of them driving in?** Do the bosses just need someone to fetch
their coffee?

I wonder how many actually can. Maybe they figure they are paying rent
for a big building they want to use it. If you shuffle papers, yes
probably, but anything in a factory or warehouse needs real people.

When I was working, about 75% of my job could be done from anywhere with
a computer, the other 25% was critical to be someplace in the building
as needed

Mark Lloyd[_12_] March 4th 18 04:08 PM

$2358 per square foot

On 03/03/2018 04:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

In my town that house would bring about $150k.Â* I cannot imagine paying
that much for location anywhere in the world.

In 1991 I paid $40K for a house that looked better than that.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"All diseases of Christians are to be ascribed to demons; chiefly do
they torment freshly-baptized Christians, yea, even the guiltless
new-born infants." [Saint Augustine (354-430)]

Davej March 4th 18 06:54 PM

$2358 per square foot

On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 9:04:13 AM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:
People have too much money.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/02/sunnyvale-home-shatters-new-record-with-enormous-price-tag/
The $2358 sets a record.

Maybe it has a Hellmouth in the basement?

[email protected] March 5th 18 12:50 AM

$2358 per square foot

wrote:

People have too much money.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/02/sunnyvale-home-shatters-new-record-with-enormous-price-tag/
The $2358 sets a record.

Land? They don't make it anymore. Location.location,location.

Nah, the Chinese do. They make everything.

Congoleum Breckenridge March 5th 18 01:22 AM

$2358 per square foot

On 3/3/2018 10:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* People have too much money.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/02/sunnyvale-home-shatters-new-record-with-enormous-price-tag/

Â*Â*Â* The $2358 sets a record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvKN5a6RSwY

Was listed for $1,450,000 Sold for more?
Built in 1953
Last sold in 10/2004 for $590,000