DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dissolve calcium grease (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/606222-dissolve-calcium-grease.html)

Oumati Asami March 1st 18 06:10 AM

dissolve calcium grease

I have this SG-306 calcium grease. It is a sticky paste and hard to
apply to corners. I would like to dissolve it so it can be put in a
spray can and spray. I have tried sewing machine oil which doesn't
dissolve it. Octane 92 is more successful but still doesn't complete
dissolve it. I can try acetone but am afraid of acetone's effect on
plastics. Another thing I can try but haven't is motor oil.

Any other solvent candidates?

Lulu[_3_] March 1st 18 11:47 AM

dissolve calcium grease

On 03/01/2018 01:10 AM, Oumati Asami wrote:
I have this SG-306 calcium grease. It is a sticky paste and hard to apply to corners.

Maybe just heating the grease would make it easier to apply?

I would like to dissolve it so it can be put in a spray can and spray.

Mineral spirits?