Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default Sheriff Offers Free Gun Training

On 02/27/2018 04:19 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Sheriff Offers Free Gun Training To 50 Teachers; Forced To Cap At 300 After
Huge Response

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...300-after-huge

Libs want control over our lives, not public safety.

1) make gun free zones liable for gun violence on their premises

2) outlaw gun free zones

3) give protection to permit holders that take down an ass hole

4) force states to recognize permits as they do drivers licenses

5) force local to give out permits, unless they can justify
why not.

6) arm and train teachers that volunteer

But that does not put the supremacy of the state over the
individual, so no lib support. (And, yes, I did just
call them a bunch of Fascists.)

Thank you for the assist over on the w10 group. Bunch
of "dicks" over there lately. Much appreciated.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 15:55:26 -0800, T wrote:

[...]

Does anyone give a **** about the 14 kids that were injured.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2018 04:08 PM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
Does anyone give a **** about the 14 kids that were injured.

What in the world are you carrying on about? Of course
folks care. What a bizarre comment.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2018 05:08 PM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
Does anyone give a **** about the 14 kids that were injured.

Nope. Dead sells news, wounded doesn't and they may not be up to making
photogenic TV appearances. Hopefully some adults have the common sense
to reach out to them.
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2018 07:08 PM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
Does anyone give a **** about the 14 kids that were injured.

Sure, just wait until the lawsuits begin.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 2/27/2018 7:08 PM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
[...]

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them in the
future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

--
dvus
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them in
the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 08:23:36 -0500, dvus wrote:

[...]

Oh! I think I understand it better than you appear to. You want armed
protection for your kids because you are selfish. Anyway, good luck with
the fear thing, and the prepping, and all the other madness us cats love
to watch you filling your one and only life with.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 28/02/2018 13:53, Dove Tail wrote:
dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them in
the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Do any of these gun nuts have any rational thinking?
There were 4 armed police there.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2018 8:58 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
Oh! I think I understand it better than you appear to. You want armed
protection for your kids because you are selfish. Anyway, good luck with
the fear thing, and the prepping, and all the other madness us cats love
to watch you filling your one and only life with.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

Yah, we don't need armed guards.Â* The shooter just needed a hug. Schools should have greeters at the entrances to give each kid a hug as they arrive for school?

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 28/02/2018 14:27, Huggy Bear wrote:
On 2/28/2018 8:58 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
Oh! I think I understand it better than you appear to. You want armed
protection for your kids because you are selfish. Anyway, good luck with
the fear thing, and the prepping, and all the other madness us cats love
to watch you filling your one and only life with.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

Yah, we don't need armed guards.Â* The shooter just needed a hug. Schools
should have greeters at the entrances to give each kid a hug as they
arrive for school?

You don't need guns, just call for your hero Trump, he'll stop them
without a gun. An AR15 is no match for unarmed SuperTrump. Problem solved

--
Bod
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them
in the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Do any of these gun nuts have any rational thinking?
There were 4 armed police there.

I don't consider the gun enthusiasts to be nuts, the same way I don't
consider those who are against civilian owned firearms to be nuts.

However, a lot of people can be impractical and they can
compartmentalize their solutions to problems.

Because the ownership of semiautomatic weapons has gotten out of
control in this country, it probably is necessary to provide far
greater security in all public and semi-public venues, possibly for
several decades. This will become ridiculously expensive and actually,
the private security business is a growing sector of our economy, sadly.

In the meantime, as you know, it is my opinion that our nation needs to
force the semiautomatic genie back into the bottle. I for one do not
want to see the USA become a nation like Israel or Nigeria, who have
soldiers and police on every city corner all carrying automatic
weapons, having police snipers at concerts with millimeter wave radar
to detect the origins of bullets from evil snipers, or heavily armed
security guards in all of our houses of worship,, shopping malls and
airports.

If I were tasked with making America great, I would eliminate these
weapons of mass murder and make it very difficult for anyone to obtain
anything but sporting and realistic home defense firearms. It would
take years to get these weapons out of private hands, but, it could be
done. I would do a lot of other things too, but that is another topic.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

[...]

I understand your thinking and your idea could certainly help, but of course this is where we both differ.

I can never understand the need for any kind of weapon for protection.
Especially being allowed to carry a handgun around.
But of course we come from different cultures.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 6:55:32 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
On 02/27/2018 04:19 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Sheriff Offers Free Gun Training To 50 Teachers; Forced To Cap At 300 After
Huge Response

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...300-after-huge

Libs want control over our lives, not public safety.

1) make gun free zones liable for gun violence on their premises

You're free to bring that liability case as soon as you have standing.

2) outlaw gun free zones

This from an alleged conservative. According to conservative principle,
it's a private property owner's right to determine if they want to allow
guns on their premises or not. It's also up to the individual states
and towns as to whether they allow guns on public property. So, who
exactly is going to do this "outlawing" and on what basis?

3) give protection to permit holders that take down an ass hole

And what about the innocent civilian they hit by mistake? Who's
paying for that funeral or lifetime care?

4) force states to recognize permits as they do drivers licenses

Again, funny coming from an alleged conservatives. Conservatives are
supposed to be for state's rights, with states allowed to have their
own laws and freedom. Yet here you are trying to force NY to be
like NV.

5) force local to give out permits, unless they can justify
why not.

The obvious problem with this latest school shooting was that there
was no local permit process. Cruz just walked into a Dick's gun
store and bought his guns. That would not have happened in NJ,
because a permit issued by the local police dept is required.
And that permit requires the police to do a background check.
You know, the same local police that had been to Cruz's house 23
times, that knew he was troubled, getting mental treatment, etc.
THAT is where the purchase would have ended here.

Yet, instead of recognizing that as the fundamental and serious problem
here that needs to be fixed, you want to "force" the police to give
out permits. That no permit was required is how Cruz got the guns.

6) arm and train teachers that volunteer

I have no problem trying that. But being realistic, I expect that
to create it's own problems. Like the teacher forgets to secure the
gun and a kindergartner gets hold of it. Or the gym teacher find out
the shop teacher is screwing his wife and they confront each other.
In other words, be prepared for unintended consequences.

But that does not put the supremacy of the state over the
individual, so no lib support. (And, yes, I did just
call them a bunch of Fascists.)

Of course, that's your specialty, no reasoning with you, no middle
ground, no compromise. We'll see what your Dear Leader does when
it comes to the gun issue. He's already said he's in favor of raising
the age to buy an assault rifle to 21 and increasing background checks,
whatever that means. It could mean virtually nothing, or it could mean
that foolish states like FL would have to tighten their laws so that
Cruz could not just walk in and buy a gun.

Thank you for the assist over on the w10 group. Bunch
of "dicks" over there lately. Much appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 9:25:30 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
On 02/27/2018 04:08 PM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
Does anyone give a **** about the 14 kids that were injured.

What in the world are you carrying on about? Of course
folks care. What a bizarre comment.

No, far too many people don't care. People right here in this
newsgroup, like you. If you care, then you'd be in favor of
requiring a permit before you can walk into a store in FL and
buy guns. A permit that would be issued by the local police,
after they conduct a background check. You know, the local police
that had been to the house 23 times for all kinds of trouble,
that had in their files that Cruz was being treated for mental
problems, etc. Here in NJ, that's how it works and he would have
been denied the permit. So, if you care about those dead kids,
the wounded, you're in favor of fixing that, right?

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 14:33:30 +0000, Bod wrote:

You don't need guns, just call for your hero Trump, he'll stop them
without a gun. An AR15 is no match for unarmed SuperTrump. Problem solved

Yeah, he'd kill 'em bare handed with those teeny weeny little hands of
his.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them in
the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Do any of these gun nuts have any rational thinking?
There were 4 armed police there.

--
Bod

There was only one armed deputy there when it started. Many were already
dead (7?) before the other 3 cops arrived. Exactly what the other 3 did when they
got there, we don't fully know, but it's alleged they delayed going into
the building. I saw it reported that Cruz was firing out through the
windows at the fleeing students. Police arriving have to sort out
what's going on before they just walk out and get shot themselves.
Without knowing more, it's wrong at this point to draw
conclusions about what exactly was going on and who did what.
Of course that did not stop dopey Trump.

The argument in favor of the teachers being armed is that teachers
were engaged in a shoot him or he's going to shoot us situation
from the instant it started. If you've heard shots, have a gun and
Cruz is opening the door to come into your classroom, that's a lot
different than being someone else in no immediate danger, trying to
figure out how to best proceed without getting killed yourself.

Another element here is a lot of people say that if the target is
hardened, then no one will dare attack it. This school was partially
hardened, they had a full time armed deputy there and it obviously
didn't matter to Cruz. If he gave a damn about not getting killed
himself, he would have figured out where that deputy was and taken
him out first. The bottom line is nuts are nuts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

[...]

A semi-auto pistol is a very reasonable and realistic home defense firearm.
Yet you want to confiscate them too. Which is why such a gun grab would
likely fail at the SC, at least at this SC. And it's also why the gun nuts
don't trust you and know that once you have the semi-autos and the nuts
like Cruz are using shotguns and revolvers, then you'll come for those too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 9:33:45 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 28/02/2018 14:27, Huggy Bear wrote:
On 2/28/2018 8:58 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
Oh! I think I understand it better than you appear to. You want armed
protection for your kids because you are selfish. Anyway, good luck with
the fear thing, and the prepping, and all the other madness us cats love
to watch you filling your one and only life with.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

Yah, we don't need armed guards.Â* The shooter just needed a hug. Schools
should have greeters at the entrances to give each kid a hug as they
arrive for school?

You don't need guns, just call for your hero Trump, he'll stop them
without a gun. An AR15 is no match for unarmed SuperTrump. Problem solved

--
Bod

Yes, Cadet Bonespurs who was so brave that he dodged the draft, he's
now proclaiming how selfless and brave he is. And what really put
Trump irrevocably into the sewer for me was when he attacked McCain,
who is still suffering from injuries today, who has a disabled arm
from being shotdown and tortured in the war that Trump dodged.
"He's no war hero". "I prefer vets who were not captured". That
coming from the guy who, thanks to his rich daddy, dodged the draft.
What a miserable, despicable human being to make such comments,
knowing that McCain served while he hid.
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

[...]

I do not advocate for concealed or open carry of lethal weapons for any
but the most threatened or defenseless people. For example,
prosecutors, judges, women, the disabled, etc.

The 2nd amendment provides certain rights with regards to firearms, and
our constitution is not a trivial document.

Allowing people to have certain types of firearms with which to engage
in sporting activities (hunting, target shooting, skeet, etc.), giving
people the ability to defend themselves and their families in their
homes and also having a citizenry which is armed well enough to give
pause to an autocratic government who might wish to subvert our
democracy is important to Americans.

Bod, a quick side note, when you post a reply, could you start your
reply on an empty line and not one that begins with a "greater than"
angle bracket symbol ""? When reading your replies to others, it
makes it a little difficult to discern where your comments start. I
fixed it above. Thanks.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 9:47:33 AM UTC-5, Dove Tail wrote:

If I were tasked with making America great, I would eliminate these
weapons of mass murder and make it very difficult for anyone to
obtain anything but sporting and realistic home defense firearms.

A semi-auto pistol is a very reasonable and realistic home defense
firearm. Yet you want to confiscate them too.

I disagree. Semiautomatic sidearms are easily converted to use high
capacity box and drum magazines and many of them can also be converted
to full auto or the equivalent. Revolvers and or shotguns are
perfectly acceptable for personal defense, neither of which can be
converted to full auto, nor can their magazine capacities be
realistically increased.

Which is why such a
gun grab would likely fail at the SC, at least at this SC.

"Gun grab", more emotional hyperbole. If one looks at the SCOTUS
history with regard to prior firearms legislation, it is obvious that
properly structured legislation, signed into law, would pass
constitutional muster. SCOTUS decisions are not based upon popularity
or public opinion, they are supposed to be based strictly upon the
constitutionality of the legislation.

So far, you have not made a single legal argument that explains why or
how criminalizing semiautomatic weapons would violate the second
amendment. The best you can come up with is a whine about 'so many
people' owning them.

And it's
also why the gun nuts don't trust you and know that once you have the
semi-autos and the nuts like Cruz are using shotguns and revolvers,
then you'll come for those too.

Again, more emotional hyperbole. I don't care if gun enthusiasts trust
me or not. In fact, changing anything with regard to firearms will
trigger many gun enthusiasts and frankly, I just don't care.

What matters to me is the legality and constitutionality of any actions
which are taken.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

[...]

Wow, wait until those lib women get a load of that crap. Lumping
women in with the disabled! It's beyond stupid. A bad guy with
a knife, baseball bat, or gun is just as lethal to a man as a
woman.

The 2nd amendment provides certain rights with regards to firearms, and
our constitution is not a trivial document.

Allowing people to have certain types of firearms with which to engage
in sporting activities (hunting, target shooting, skeet, etc.), giving
people the ability to defend themselves and their families in their
homes and also having a citizenry which is armed well enough to give
pause to an autocratic government who might wish to subvert our
democracy is important to Americans.

ROFL.

"a citizenry which is armed well enough to give
pause to an autocratic government who might wish to subvert our
democracy is important to Americans."

This from the guy who is advocating the govt seize all semi-auto weapons!
You're sure going to make a big difference to the armed forces of the
good old USA with your revolver. ROFL. No wonder folks figure your
real intent is to grab all guns. Are you as honest about your gun
grab as you were when you claimed I supported Trump in the past here?
Still waiting for those posts that you said you had reviewed, that
you had available, just a few days ago. Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

[...]

No problem, will do :-)

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:

This from the guy who is advocating the govt seize all semi-auto
weapons! You're sure going to make a big difference to the armed
forces of the good old USA with your revolver. ROFL. No wonder
folks figure your real intent is to grab all guns. Are you as honest
about your gun grab as you were when you claimed I supported Trump in
the past here? Still waiting for those posts that you said you had
reviewed, that you had available, just a few days ago. Liar, liar,
pants on fire!

Tell me how valuable your semiautomatic weapon is going to be against
an armored Apache helicopter? You are being absurd. Any government
confronted with a citizenry armed with shotguns, revolvers and non-SA
rifles is going to hesitate tremendously before beginning any kind of
takeover.

As for me going back again and re-reading your posts, I have done that
for you once and you did not have the integrity to admit you were
wrong, so, the hell with it.

I am not going to download all those headers once again and go through
all of your posts, provide message ids, all so you can just ignore them
and not admit you are wrong.

Call me any names you wish, I am man enough to handle your insults.

It's too bad you are not man enough to admit your mistakes or your take
ownership of your own words.

Trader, you are an emotional train wreck.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2018 8:53 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them in
the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Complain to the guy who told them not to go in, whomever that was.

--
dvus

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them
in the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Do any of these gun nuts have any rational thinking?
There were 4 armed police there.

I don't consider the gun enthusiasts to be nuts, the same way I don't
consider those who are against civilian owned firearms to be nuts.

However, a lot of people can be impractical and they can
compartmentalize their solutions to problems.

Because the ownership of semiautomatic weapons has gotten out of

Almost all pistols, other than single action, are semi-automatic. Did
you know that?

[...]

And that's why you will never get my vote in any election.

--
dvus
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2018 10:48 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 14:33:30 +0000, Bod wrote:

You don't need guns, just call for your hero Trump, he'll stop them
without a gun. An AR15 is no match for unarmed SuperTrump. Problem solved

Yeah, he'd kill 'em bare handed with those teeny weeny little hands of
his.

And I suppose you'd debate him out of it with that teeny-weeny little
brain of yours.

--
dvus
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 05:35:28 -0500, dvus wrote:

On 2/28/2018 10:48 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 14:33:30 +0000, Bod wrote:

You don't need guns, just call for your hero Trump, he'll stop them
without a gun. An AR15 is no match for unarmed SuperTrump. Problem solved

Yeah, he'd kill 'em bare handed with those teeny weeny little hands of
his.

And I suppose you'd debate him out of it with that teeny-weeny little
brain of yours.

Oh! you think I would have to debate him out of it do you. Larf. Listen,
it's stupid to go against people with guns without a weapon or run
towards gunfire unarmed or even at all. Whatever happened to picking up
something ****ing heavy and using your wits. What's with this obsession
to be a dead hero. An average attack lasts 4-6 minutes. Chances are it's
over before you can respond, and probably before you've even figured out
what's going on and decided what action to take. This fantasy of waves
of Americans throwing themselves on machine guns is just not a solution.
The real world is complicated. You're not as brave as you think you are.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Because the ownership of semiautomatic weapons has gotten out of

Almost all pistols, other than single action, are semi-automatic. Did
you know that?

You are incorrect. A double action revolver is not considered to be
semi-automatic because the manual action of pulling the trigger is what
advances the cylinder, not the energy of the preceding shot.

Next time, do your homework.

If I were tasked with making America great, I would eliminate these
weapons of mass murder and make it very difficult for anyone to
obtain anything but sporting and realistic home defense firearms.
It would take years to get these weapons out of private hands, but,
it could be done. I would do a lot of other things too, but that
is another topic.

And that's why you will never get my vote in any election.

I am shocked. :-)

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them in
the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Do any of these gun nuts have any rational thinking?
There were 4 armed police there.

So?

Wasn't there also an armed security guard on the premises?

--
Bod
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them
in the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Complain to the guy who told them not to go in, whomever that was.

DO you have evidence that the school safety officer was ordered to not
go in to the school? I think not, he was too busy worrying about his
retirement and didn't give a hoot about the children citizens he was
tasked with protecting.

He should have never been a sworn officer, he was better suited to
being a meter maid.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them in
the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Do any of these gun nuts have any rational thinking?
There were 4 armed police there.

So?

Wasn't there also an armed security guard on the premises?

You gun nuts need to put your guns down, the shooter just needed a hug.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2018 03:29 AM, dvus wrote:

Almost all pistols, other than single action, are semi-automatic. Did
you know that?

Many semi-automatics are single action. With a 1911, for example, the
trigger releases the cocked hammer, its only function.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/pist...s-performance/

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2018 04:24 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
An average attack lasts 4-6 minutes. Chances are it's
over before you can respond, and probably before you've even figured out
what's going on and decided what action to take.

Start your stop watch and figure out what you can do in 5 minutes.
You're not much of a cat if you're that slow.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2018 6:26 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
dvus wrote:

Because the ownership of semiautomatic weapons has gotten out of

Almost all pistols, other than single action, are semi-automatic. Did
you know that?

You are incorrect. A double action revolver is not considered to be
semi-automatic because the manual action of pulling the trigger is what
advances the cylinder, not the energy of the preceding shot.

Next time, do your homework.

What about "automatics"?

If I were tasked with making America great, I would eliminate these
weapons of mass murder and make it very difficult for anyone to
obtain anything but sporting and realistic home defense firearms.
It would take years to get these weapons out of private hands, but,
it could be done. I would do a lot of other things too, but that
is another topic.

And that's why you will never get my vote in any election.

I am shocked. :-)

....and not elected.

--
dvus
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them
in the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Complain to the guy who told them not to go in, whomever that was.

DO you have evidence that the school safety officer was ordered to not
go in to the school? I think not, he was too busy worrying about his
retirement and didn't give a hoot about the children citizens he was
tasked with protecting.

Do you have evidence he wasn't ordered to not go in? I don't know either
way yet, so I'm willing to wait until the evidence is in.

He should have never been a sworn officer, he was better suited to
being a meter maid.

Statement not based on facts.

--
dvus
Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 3/1/2018 6:24 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
[...]

I never claimed to be brave. But, apparently you don't think the
teachers who put themselves between the shooter and their kids were
brave. I do. I don't know what I would do in that situation but I'd
prefer to be armed.

--
dvus
Posted to alt.home.repair

dvus wrote:

Yes, that's why intelligent people want armed protection for them
in the future. I don't expect you to understand the premise.

They had "armed protection" and it was completely worthless.

Complain to the guy who told them not to go in, whomever that was.

DO you have evidence that the school safety officer was ordered to not
go in to the school? I think not, he was too busy worrying about his
retirement and didn't give a hoot about the children citizens he was
tasked with protecting.

Do you have evidence he wasn't ordered to not go in? I don't know either
way yet, so I'm willing to wait until the evidence is in.

Even worse, we now have a president who opens his fool mouth about
these incidents, casting blame, before the facts are in. And while
heaping blame on others before the facts are known, he chimes in
claiming how brave he would have been, how he would have run into
the school against a shooter with an assault rifle whether he was
armed or not. Sure, I believe that. Did you see the story he told
about the time a senior citizen passed out at his resort in FL?
The poor guy split his head open, was bleeding and Trump said neither
he nor any of his rich folk buddies did anything. Trump's only reaction
was to be disgusted that there was blood on the floor. Some military
folks had to step in to help the poor old man.