Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lennox heater

The power went out in my area and when it came back on my heater did not. I
reset the thermostat, flipped the breaker, and flipped the switch on the
outside. The heater quickly
Starts then stops. Then start again with the gas then quits again. The sensory
lights say it is the roll out or 9 pin connector. I had a motor out in it two
months agai

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1159424-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 3:44:07 PM UTC-5, Heaters dont make sense wrote:
The power went out in my area and when it came back on my heater did not. I
reset the thermostat, flipped the breaker, and flipped the switch on the
outside. The heater quickly
Starts then stops. Then start again with the gas then quits again. The sensory
lights say it is the roll out or 9 pin connector. I had a motor out in it two
months agai

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1159424-.htm

The roll out sensors are there to detect flames rolling out where they
should not be. Could be one is bad or a loose wiring connector. But given
that it coincided with power going out, it's possible there was a surge
that damaged the control board too. If I can, I usually turn off the furnace
and any key appliances when the power goes out and then return them after
it's back up. IDK how much that could help, but it can't hurt. There could
be a surge when it's going out too, if for example a pole is hit and a high
voltage wire contacts the low voltage wires.

IDK if the roll out sensors are normally open or closed, would strongly suspect
they are normally closed for obvious reasons. If you have a meter you
can check them and the wiring.

lennox furnace out of sequence, gas tripntx Home Repair 20 December 22nd 04 05:27 PM
Lennox furnace / AC Joe Home Repair 7 June 3rd 04 02:58 AM
OT - Lennox Furnaces Laurie Forbes Metalworking 10 March 26th 04 04:16 AM
Where to buy gas control valve for Lennox furnace?? robertmaasjr Home Repair 6 October 30th 03 04:07 AM
1989 Lennox Central Air Water Condensation and Shutdown? Joe Esposito Home Repair 15 August 8th 03 03:42 PM