Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thermometers: What's the Problem with Accuracy?

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 23:10:22 -0000, rbowman wrote:

My father's second car was a Citroen 2CV. You had to elect whether to
put a "muffler" over the front to make the engine warmer or colder
depending on the weather.

Big trucks often have those.

http://www.belmor.com/winterfronts.html

You used to see impromptu devices on cars but with most newer cars using
on-demand electric fans I haven't seen them lately.

By newer you mean since about 50 years ago?

More recent than that. My '86 Ford pickup has an engine driven fan but
it's a longitudinally mounted straight 6. Transverse mounts need an
electric fan if the radiator is positioned for ram air flow. I don't
know if any transverse engine cars also mounted the radiator sidesaddle.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the SUVs derived from light trucks
still use mechanical fans, although they probable are clutch or flex
designs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 22:32:30 -0000, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 5:02:28 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:42:58 -0000, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 7:25:05 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Tue, 06 Feb 2018 17:19:17 -0000, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 12:13:41 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 03:43:26 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 1:14:28 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 06:03:05 +0000, Bod
wrote:

We use what we are used to. OTOH Fahrenheit gives you
about twice the
precision without resorting to decimals. I am comfortable
with both
since my science friends are all C

Understood, but C has become the universal standard.

Where you live anyway. I speak fluent celsius but people
just cock
their head here when I say the water was 22.8 this morning.

Let's see. Round 22.8 up to 23; take 23, double it and add
30: 76.
Close enough for jazz.

Cindy Hamilton

It is really more like 73 and you would notice the 3 degrees if
you
jumped in.

You're not wrong about water. However, I can't remember the
last time I immersed myself in anything but water heated
to 101 F. I'm much more interested in the air temperature.

101F!!! You only get in water hotter than yourself!? How do you
lose your bodyheat? You'd eventually just melt.

Jacuzzi. I only spend about 20 minutes in it. Yesterday the water
temperature
was 101 F and the air temperature was 20 F. I radiated heat
through my head
and shoulders.

I take it to wash you do not immerse but use a shower then.

Correct. I hate tub baths. I haven't willingly had a bath in a
tub since I was 12, apart from one college summer when I sublet a
room in a house that had no shower.

Why are you so afraid of them?

Might have something to do with sitting in a pool of crap you've just
washed off your body? Hate and fear are not the same thing in most
peoples minds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 23:57:47 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 22:41:54 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 22:02:22 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:42:58 -0000, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Jacuzzi. I only spend about 20 minutes in it. Yesterday the water temperature
was 101 F and the air temperature was 20 F. I radiated heat through my head
and shoulders.

I take it to wash you do not immerse but use a shower then.

We don't even have a bath tub here. We have 2 big showers. I do have a
jacuzzi tho. If you are in there a while you get warm enough to stroll
around bare ass for 15 minutes or so ... or you can jump in the 68
degree pool. That will close up your capillaries. These things have
hydro therapy jets and are just the thing if you have sore muscles.

"68 degree pool." "Close up capillaries." Not sure what you mean. 68F is a comfortable temperature for anyone. It's only 2F lower than room temperature.

It is a shock after getting out of 101 degree water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 18:35:39 -0700, rbowman

[...]

Most of the newer SUVs are built on car chassis with FWD transverse
engines unless it is what they call "full size" (Excursions, Suburbans
etc)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's senile whore!

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 18:37:31 -0700, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

Why are you so afraid of them?

Might have something to do with sitting in a pool of crap you've just
washed off your body? Hate and fear are not the same thing in most
peoples minds.

What about the crap you keep spouting here every day, you senile oaf? You
seem to enjoy wading in it! BG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 21:46:52 -0500, wrote:

It is a shock after getting out of 101 degree water.

It IS a shock for ME watching the sheer limitless stupidity of you senile
prattling Yanks! No joking!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 18:35:39 -0700, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

By newer you mean since about 50 years ago?

More recent than that.

FLUSH senile drivel

Just HOW lonely are you, lowbrowman, you fervid sucker of troll cock?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:42:58 -0000, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Jacuzzi. I only spend about 20 minutes in it. Yesterday the water temperature
was 101 F and the air temperature was 20 F. I radiated heat through my head
and shoulders.

I take it to wash you do not immerse but use a shower then.

We don't even have a bath tub here. We have 2 big showers. I do have a
jacuzzi tho. If you are in there a while you get warm enough to stroll
around bare ass for 15 minutes or so ... or you can jump in the 68
degree pool. That will close up your capillaries. These things have
hydro therapy jets and are just the thing if you have sore muscles.

We no longer have a bath tub, either. One shower that fits the space
where the tub used to be, so 60" x 30" or thereabouts. That was the
best remodel we've ever done.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:42:58 -0000, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Jacuzzi. I only spend about 20 minutes in it. Yesterday the water temperature
was 101 F and the air temperature was 20 F. I radiated heat through my head
and shoulders.

I take it to wash you do not immerse but use a shower then.

We don't even have a bath tub here. We have 2 big showers. I do have a
jacuzzi tho. If you are in there a while you get warm enough to stroll
around bare ass for 15 minutes or so ... or you can jump in the 68
degree pool. That will close up your capillaries. These things have
hydro therapy jets and are just the thing if you have sore muscles.

"68 degree pool." "Close up capillaries." Not sure what you mean. 68F is a comfortable temperature for anyone. It's only 2F lower than room temperature.

It is a shock after getting out of 101 degree water.

Mr. Sword's understanding of thermodynamics is small. Heat transfers out of
the body much faster in 68 F water than in 68 F air.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 16:29:48 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 01:37:31 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Why are you so afraid of them?

Might have something to do with sitting in a pool of crap you've just
washed off your body? Hate and fear are not the same thing in most
peoples minds.

You must be really dirty.

The water quickly becomes as dirty as you were and some of us want to
just wash the dirt off and send it down the drain without marinating
in it.
For most people the "dirt" is actually dried sweat, body oils and dead
skin cells. If I really get "dirty" (digging in the yard, mixing
concrete or whatever) I wash off in the outside shower before I come
in for a real shower.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:42:58 -0000, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Jacuzzi. I only spend about 20 minutes in it. Yesterday the water temperature
was 101 F and the air temperature was 20 F. I radiated heat through my head
and shoulders.

I take it to wash you do not immerse but use a shower then.

We don't even have a bath tub here. We have 2 big showers. I do have a
jacuzzi tho. If you are in there a while you get warm enough to stroll
around bare ass for 15 minutes or so ... or you can jump in the 68
degree pool. That will close up your capillaries. These things have
hydro therapy jets and are just the thing if you have sore muscles.

We no longer have a bath tub, either. One shower that fits the space
where the tub used to be, so 60" x 30" or thereabouts. That was the
best remodel we've ever done.

Same here, although the shower is half the size of the tub.

Both of our showers are about 4' x 5' and one has a built in seat. It
is a woman thing I guess. Both have 2 shower heads.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Every shower I've ever seen is big enough to stand in and no more.

America -- bigger and better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:33:04 -0700, lowbrowman, yet another endlessly
driveling senile idiot, blabbered again:

America -- bigger and better.

Driveling idiot! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 11:29:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 01:37:31 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Might have something to do with sitting in a pool of crap you've just
washed off your body? Hate and fear are not the same thing in most
peoples minds.

You must be really dirty.

It's not just the dirt. It's also the soap floating around on top
of the water.

Baths are for babies.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Filthy ****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 21:51:50 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I stopped taking baths to save time.

Yeah, you were reported to be "smelly", you filthy ****** who doesn't even
wear underwear!

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/12/2018 02:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 11:29:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 01:37:31 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Might have something to do with sitting in a pool of crap you've just
washed off your body? Hate and fear are not the same thing in most
peoples minds.

You must be really dirty.

It's not just the dirt. It's also the soap floating around on top
of the water.

Hence the number of household products available to de-scum bathtubs.

https://www.amazon.com/Scumbusting-S...dp/B073NPQ25C/

I've got to admit that seems a little over the top. The woman who wants
to trade up to a 1/2" Milwaukee drill motor because the 3/8" is bogging
down really worries me. But then I'm not a housewife.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That is the advantage of being the builder. You can make whatever you
want. (or in my case what my wife wanted)
The shower in our master is pretty big with a glass block bay window
in it and that seat I was talking about
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Gotta have room for the beergut?

Certainly enough room for a man and a woman to "get dirty" ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The whole point of a shower is it's quick and easy. You stand under the water and sponge yourself. Why would you need more room?

So that my husband can come in and sponge me, and vice versa.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

OTOH, Why not? We are Americans, we like more room ;-)
Actually it was my wife. She does not like small spaces.
I am OK showering outside and I have a nice one near the pool, hot and
cold water, not just the hose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/News/1451...or_cup_of_tea/

There is something special about having sex in unusual places. You do
need to try not to get caught tho.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:04:28 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

It's more fun if there's a risk of being caught. I have only been caught once.

Yeah, you were caught WANKING in forests, you filthy unwashed chronic
******!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a ******:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:03:23 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

So that my husband can come in and sponge me, and vice versa.

I guess the UK is more prudish, most couples don't shower together (which I don't understand). I assume most often the shower degenerates into other things?

You mean encourages better things.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:03:58 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 18:12:03 -0000, wrote:

OTOH, Why not? We are Americans, we like more room ;-)
Actually it was my wife. She does not like small spaces.
I am OK showering outside and I have a nice one near the pool, hot and
cold water, not just the hose.

I assume your pool area is enclosed, or do you get on REALLY well with your neighbours?

I am fortunate enough to have found a property where my back yard is
not in view of any other neighbors ... unless they have a drone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 17:06:34 -0500, wrote:

I am fortunate enough to have found a property where my back yard is
not in view of any other neighbors ... unless they have a drone.

Troll-feeding senile idiot! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

I guess the UK is more prudish, most couples don't shower together
(which I don't understand). I assume most often the shower degenerates
into other things?

One has to be careful not to introduce soap into the urethra. Stings
like hell...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 12:17:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
My next big foray was writing in dBase. I came up with a barcode
inventory system we used for a $12 million parts inventory with 15
guys dipping into the pot and no dedicated "counter" man.

My first tech job in a factory I set up the parts inventory in Paradox. It took me a long weekend, more than 20 hours work. I had to learn the program then figure out how to input. No help screens back then, not in DOS. Maybe on the Mac.

My boss (plant manager) had told me he didn't know what this Paradox thing was, find out and buy it.

After lunch he called me back in, corporate had told him buying software was prohibited, do not under any circumstance buy that stuff. I said, "uh, boss, you mean this?" and held up the box. Hey, you gave me an order, I got it done. He said oh crap, well keep your mouth shut about it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 13:28:35 -0800 (PST), TimR
wrote:

[...]

A lot of my time was actually in tracking down the bar code hardware,
printing program and integrating it into dBase. I wasn't supposed to
spend any money either, In fact the dBase we were running was one of
the 2 licenses that come with the package I bought for myself. It was
funny when you were sitting in an IBM office watching the start up
splash screen and seeing "Licensed to the Estero River Bait Guano and
Seafood Company" sitting there.