DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electric can opener puzzle (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/603953-electric-can-opener-puzzle.html)

Wade Garrett January 22nd 18 06:29 PM

Electric can opener puzzle

How does my $10 counter-top electric can opener know to stop after the
can rotates 360 degrees and the lid is severed all around and sticking
to the spring-loaded magnetic arm?

I don't see any kind of sensor or probe and the rotation can't be
time-dependent because it works with different diameter cans.

So how?

--
If people, who cross our border illegally are not Illegal€” then what are
they?

RonNNN January 22nd 18 06:36 PM

Electric can opener puzzle

In article , says...

How does my $10 counter-top electric can opener know to stop after the
can rotates 360 degrees and the lid is severed all around and sticking
to the spring-loaded magnetic arm?

I don't see any kind of sensor or probe and the rotation can't be
time-dependent because it works with different diameter cans.

So how?

The magnet is holding down the "run switch" until it (the lid) lifts from
the can.

--
RonNNN