DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   rejuvanating shoe polish (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/601736-re-rejuvanating-shoe-polish.html)

Irit Luria December 12th 17 10:14 PM

rejuvanating shoe polish

replying to dennisgauge, Irit Luria wrote:
Yes, it is cheap stuff that you can just discard and replace. For those who
enjoy tinkering with reviving old stuff, here's what I did: I put the can of
dried out polish in a soup bowl of boiling water (the can floated) and placed
a pot lid on it. The polish started to melt, so I replaced the boiling water a
couple of times, placing the lid on it again each time, & the polish melted
fully.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...sh-368852-.htm

Irit Luria December 13th 17 12:14 AM

rejuvanating shoe polish

replying to Irit Luria, Irit Luria wrote:
It did leave odor residue on the bowl and pot lid that cleared up with soap
and hot water.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...sh-368852-.htm