Old December 7th 17, 01:03 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default In Supreme Court gay wedding cake case, Kennedy says state hasnot been tolerant of baker's religious views

On 12/6/2017 9:16 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 5:50:20 AM UTC-6, BurfordTJustice wrote:
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy said during oral arguments on Tuesday
that Colorado did not appear to show religious tolerance when it used its
public accommodations law to force baker Jack Phillips to create speech via
a custom cake for a same-sex wedding that defies his religious beliefs.

The line of questioning garnered attention because Kennedy often serves as
the divided high court's key swing vote, and a split vote could form again
in Masterpiece Cakeshop Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission.

Kennedy pointedly criticized Colorado for not being "tolerant" of Phillips'
religious beliefs.
"Tolerance is essential in a free society. And tolerance is most meaningful
when it's mutual," Kennedy said. "It seems to me that the state in its
position here has been neither tolerant nor respectful of Mr. Phillips'
religious beliefs."

Was there only ONE cake baker in Colorado?! I'm sure there are a number of bakeries close to the Christian bakery that are run by Queers who would be more than happy to bake a Gay Themed wedding cake! I could understand any legal action against the Christian bakery if it was the ONLY bakery in the city. I haven't heard anyone ask the question about the number of bakeries in the area. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Baked Monster

We need big daddy to watch over us and tell us how to live our lives and
run our businesses. Gone are the days when the sign reading "We have the
right to refuse any business" and replaced with "You have the right to
be a whining little liberal gay bitch and big daddy will have your back
because this is a weak nation"

Old December 7th 17, 09:40 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2017 7:03 AM, Meanie wrote:

We need big daddy to watch over us and tell us how to live our lives and
run our businesses. Gone are the days when the sign reading "We have the
right to refuse any business" and replaced with "You have the right to
be a whining little liberal gay bitch and big daddy will have your back
because this is a weak nation"

I have the right to go to any business I want. The business should also
have the same right to refuse me for any reason they want. I'll just go
elsewhere.

Waste of tax dollars on this.