DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool ice maker parts (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/600622-whirlpool-ice-maker-parts.html)

[email protected] November 22nd 17 07:59 PM

Whirlpool ice maker parts

What is the best place to get these. I have been using Midwest and
they sell a "head" (motor plate) for about $45 and the whole ice maker
for $65 75 depending on which plastic doodads are installed. The
actual unit is the same.
I usually have to screw with an ice maker every 2-3 years with the
bucket on the door model being worse than the one with the bucket
inside the freezer, because of that LED assembly.
We have both here and they run a lot.

Ed Pawlowski November 22nd 17 10:24 PM

Whirlpool ice maker parts

On 11/22/2017 2:59 PM, wrote:
What is the best place to get these. I have been using Midwest and
they sell a "head" (motor plate) for about $45 and the whole ice maker
for $65 75 depending on which plastic doodads are installed. The
actual unit is the same.
I usually have to screw with an ice maker every 2-3 years with the
bucket on the door model being worse than the one with the bucket
inside the freezer, because of that LED assembly.
We have both here and they run a lot.

I don't know if it is best, but repairclinic.com should have what you
need. Your price sounds reasonable though.

Vic Smith November 22nd 17 10:41 PM

Whirlpool ice maker parts

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 14:59:53 -0500, wrote:

What is the best place to get these. I have been using Midwest and
they sell a "head" (motor plate) for about $45 and the whole ice maker
for $65 75 depending on which plastic doodads are installed. The
actual unit is the same.
I usually have to screw with an ice maker every 2-3 years with the
bucket on the door model being worse than the one with the bucket
inside the freezer, because of that LED assembly.
We have both here and they run a lot.

DAGS on part number.

Iggy November 22nd 17 11:44 PM

Whirlpool ice maker parts

replying to gfretwell, Iggy wrote:
McCombs Supply has them as low as $31.95 for the whole ice making unit
https://www.mccombssupply.com/refrig...cord-included/

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1151551-.htm

Oren[_2_] November 23rd 17 12:11 AM

Whirlpool ice maker parts

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:24:41 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/22/2017 2:59 PM, wrote:
What is the best place to get these. I have been using Midwest and
they sell a "head" (motor plate) for about $45 and the whole ice maker
for $65 75 depending on which plastic doodads are installed. The
actual unit is the same.
I usually have to screw with an ice maker every 2-3 years with the
bucket on the door model being worse than the one with the bucket
inside the freezer, because of that LED assembly.
We have both here and they run a lot.

I don't know if it is best, but repairclinic.com should have what you
need. Your price sounds reasonable though.

Good answer. I plugged my fridge model in. It came back with a
lesson. Ice makers cross many fridge makers. One unit may fit 20
models or more.. "Compatible with" model.

Some times the switch may not be in the original location. I could've
cut plastic to fit the switch. I was lucky. Wife didn't want me to
Grin.

[email protected] November 23rd 17 05:28 AM

Whirlpool ice maker parts

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:41:46 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 14:59:53 -0500, wrote:

What is the best place to get these. I have been using Midwest and
they sell a "head" (motor plate) for about $45 and the whole ice maker
for $65 75 depending on which plastic doodads are installed. The
actual unit is the same.
I usually have to screw with an ice maker every 2-3 years with the
bucket on the door model being worse than the one with the bucket
inside the freezer, because of that LED assembly.
We have both here and they run a lot.

DAGS on part number.

Part numbers are really not a lot of help since they have a bunch of
part numbers for the same basic part and thy have different pricing
for each..

[email protected] November 23rd 17 05:31 AM

Whirlpool ice maker parts

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 23:44:05 GMT, Iggy
m wrote:

replying to gfretwell, Iggy wrote:
McCombs Supply has them as low as $31.95 for the whole ice making unit
https://www.mccombssupply.com/refrig...cord-included/

Cool Thanks.

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= November 24th 17 08:11 PM

Whirlpool ice maker parts

posted for all of us...

m wrote:

replying to gfretwell, Iggy wrote:
McCombs Supply has them as low as $31.95 for the whole ice making unit
https://www.mccombssupply.com/refrig...cord-included/

Cool Thanks.

I'm glad you weren't frozen out...

--