DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "Left hand down" (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/599647-re-left-hand-down.html)

itsjoannotjoann November 7th 17 10:22 PM

"Left hand down"

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 8:09:24 PM UTC-6, catalpa wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message

Why do people give the direction "left hand down"? It doesn't bloody
matter if you're driving forwards or backwards, turning the wheel left
still makes the car go left!

Never in my life have I heard anyone say "left hand down".

And if someone did say "left hand down" I would have no clue what they
wanted me to do.

My question is where do you want my left hand to go down to?

Yes, it would be helpful if he'd give us a clue what he's ranting about.

Peeler[_2_] November 7th 17 11:05 PM

Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Tue, 07 Nov 2017 22:30:04 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Yes, it would be helpful if he'd give us a clue what he's ranting about.

It's in the text above: "driving forwards or backwards, turning the wheel left"

I'm surprised that there are still people around who give a **** about your
silly trolls, ******!

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Someone (a Scotsman) once told me he doesn't bother wiping his arse if he's

itsjoannotjoann November 8th 17 05:25 AM

"Left hand down"

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 4:30:09 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

On Tue, 07 Nov 2017 22:22:04 -0000, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Yes, it would be helpful if he'd give us a clue what he's ranting about.

It's in the text above: "driving forwards or backwards, turning the wheel left"

I read that the first day you posted it and it makes no sense to me.
It must be something peculiar to your country as at least two of us
have no clue what you are talking about.

Peeler[_2_] November 8th 17 11:06 AM

Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 10:41:11 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I read that the first day you posted it and it makes no sense to me.
It must be something peculiar to your country as at least two of us
have no clue what you are talking about.

For example, I'm reversing out of a local garage, and space is tight. A
mechanic decides to give me directions. Instead of just telling me to
turn left, he says "left hand down", because he thinks that when
reversing somehow things are different? Turning the wheel left still
makes the car go left!

Must be a dumb Brit thing, Birdbrain. It certainly is another troll by you,
******!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"If the human is inferior to the dog, we don't care for the dead human."

itsjoannotjoann November 8th 17 11:31 PM

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 5:07:12 AM UTC-6, Peeler wrote:

On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 10:41:11 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I read that the first day you posted it and it makes no sense to me.
It must be something peculiar to your country as at least two of us
have no clue what you are talking about.

For example, I'm reversing out of a local garage, and space is tight. A
mechanic decides to give me directions. Instead of just telling me to
turn left, he says "left hand down", because he thinks that when
reversing somehow things are different? Turning the wheel left still
makes the car go left!

Must be a dumb Brit thing, Birdbrain. It certainly is another troll by you,
******!

I've got to agree with you Peeler. It's got to be some stupid British
terminology only they understand. It's must be some sort of Limey
Lingo stupidity only the troll knows of and then gets bent out of shape
because he's not getting an answer to this nonsense. But what can you
expect from people that drive on the wrong side of the road? Wrong
answers from mechanics, that's what.