tflfb

Default Lazy toilet flush

Over the years the toilet has started to flush a little slower. Toilet is
10yrs old, no foreign objects in the toilet.

I cleaned the rim jets with a coat hanger, plenty of water in the tank,
flapper working as it should.

I used a hand auger seemed to help a bit.

The toilet in the master bed room that is on the same line flushes fine,
there almost side by side.

I read this post.

Comments please.

Tom

Now it was necessary to bring out the big guns ... Muriatic Acid. But first
a few more words of caution. READ all the directions and precautions written
on the container before you leave the hardware store. If you have any
questions or doubts about using the product ... ask for help. I would
suggest you wear protective gloves and safety glasses.

1) Turn off the water supply to the toilet.
2) Flush the toilet to empty the tank. Using a sponge, remove as much water
as you can from the tank and bowl.
3) From a one-gallon container of Muriatic Acid (BE CAREFUL !!! Follow all
precautions written on the label) pour a couple of ounces down the overflow.
4) Pour the entire remainder of the gallon into the bowl.
5) Cover the tank and bowl openings with plastic wrap.
6) Let everything sit for 24 hours.
7) After 24 hours, turn on the water supply.
8) Flush.
9) Remove the plastic wrap. Magic! Swirling like crazy.

Speedy Jim

tflfb wrote:

[...]

First things first. See if your bowl has a "siphon jet".
It will be an opening about 3/4" diam toward the front of the bowl
and under the water. If yours *does* have the jet, most likely
it's not working. Ream it out with a sharp tool or possibly
a snake. That jet is critical to getting the flush started.

To rule out blockages and the often cited "clogged vent issue",
pour several buckets into the bowl rapidly. If they go right down
with no trouble, there is no clog/blockage.

If no siphon jet in this bowl, Muriatic may help, But.....not a gallon
of it! Wear safety glasses and use ventilation.

Pour a cupful down the overflow pipe in the tank. Follow with a cup
of water. Let sit for 15 minutes or so. Then flush. If there is
mineral buildup in the rim jets (or even in a siphon jet) that will
dissolve it.

Jim