DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   oil burner conks out (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/597623-oil-burner-conks-out.html)

Gary C October 2nd 17 04:44 PM

oil burner conks out

I had a tuneup 1 month ago on my whole house hot water baseboard oil burner.
I have not noticed anything else, but the burner has stopped working twice,
several days apart. Both times the system started immediately when I pressed
the red button. Any ideas?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1145989-.htm

Ed Pawlowski October 2nd 17 04:48 PM

oil burner conks out

On 10/2/2017 11:44 AM, Gary C wrote:
I had a tuneup 1 month ago on my whole house hot water baseboard oil
burner. I have not noticed anything else, but the burner has stopped
working twice,
several days apart.Â* Both times the system started immediately when I
pressed
the red button.Â* Any ideas?

Yes, call back the outfit that did the tuneup. They may not have
adjusted something properly. You may be low on oil and the pump is not
working properly, or the filter that should have been changed was not
and is clogged.
Give them a call.

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= October 2nd 17 08:34 PM

oil burner conks out

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 10/2/2017 11:44 AM, Gary C wrote:
I had a tuneup 1 month ago on my whole house hot water baseboard oil
burner. I have not noticed anything else, but the burner has stopped
working twice,
several days apart.* Both times the system started immediately when I
pressed
the red button.* Any ideas?

Yes, call back the outfit that did the tuneup. They may not have
adjusted something properly. You may be low on oil and the pump is not
working properly, or the filter that should have been changed was not
and is clogged.
Give them a call.

+1 Do it now before it gets cold!

--
Tekkie

philo October 3rd 17 03:27 AM

oil burner conks out

On 10/02/2017 10:44 AM, Gary C wrote:
I had a tuneup 1 month ago on my whole house hot water baseboard oil
burner. I have not noticed anything else, but the burner has stopped
working twice,
several days apart.Â* Both times the system started immediately when I
pressed
the red button.Â* Any ideas?

When it was tuned up did they replace the ceramic insulators?

They can develop pinhole size breakdowns