DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mystery sound in my kitchen (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/597601-re-mystery-sound-my-kitchen.html)

[email protected] October 1st 17 09:12 PM

Mystery sound in my kitchen

Holy cow, this was helpful! I found the battery-operated candy/oil thermometer in my kitchen drawer, removed the battery and the high-pitched squeal died. Nice! Thanks, everyone!

[email protected] October 13th 17 09:09 AM

Mystery sound in my kitchen

Thank you for this thread!
It's been a maddening sleepless night due to a high pitched noise coming from the kitchen. Checked all the appliances. At 3am I started searching the internet.
After finding this thread I went straight for the drawer with my digital cooking thermometer. It was screaming! Pulled the battery. Finally, Silence!

Oren[_2_] October 13th 17 08:13 PM

Mystery sound in my kitchen

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 01:09:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thank you for this thread!
It's been a maddening sleepless night due to a high pitched noise coming from the kitchen. Checked all the appliances. At 3am I started searching the internet.
After finding this thread I went straight for the drawer with my digital cooking thermometer. It was screaming! Pulled the battery. Finally, Silence!

Good for you. You make us proud. Now get some rest.