Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chain bar oil -- used 75W90 transmission oil?

I just changed my transmission of 75W90 GL-4 (low sulfur) spec.

What do you think of using it as bar oil for my Husky chain saw?

Anyone done it?

The advantage is obvious.
What's the drawback (don't guess because I can guess too).

I'm asking if anyone has ever used used gear oil for chain lube and lived
to tell the story about how it worked out?