DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mucking a house (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/596275-mucking-house.html)

Andy[_35_] September 5th 17 04:37 AM

Mucking a house

On Thurs. I will be volunteering to muck a house damaged by Harvey.

I will be wearing a N-95 mask and gloves.

Any recommendations ?

Since we will be tearing out sheetrock, I will make sure fuze box is turned off.

Andy

Uncle Monster[_2_] September 5th 17 04:55 AM

Mucking a house

On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 10:37:31 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
On Thurs. I will be volunteering to muck a house damaged by Harvey.

I will be wearing a N-95 mask and gloves.

Any recommendations ?

Since we will be tearing out sheetrock, I will make sure fuze box is turned off.

Andy

Be careful my friend. The biggest danger is from the flood water that was contaminated with sewage and chemicals. I'd wear rubber boots and be very careful not to get cut by any broken glass, metal, screws or nails. It's great that you're helping out with the recovery but look out for yourself and others to make sure you and your friends don't sustain any injuries. Any cut could get seriously infected. If you know how, pull the power meter. The power company isn't going to get upset with you as long as you notify them that you removed it for safety reasons. Take care. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Careful Monster

Bill[_47_] September 5th 17 04:58 AM

Mucking a house

Andy wrote:
On Thurs. I will be volunteering to muck a house damaged by Harvey.

I will be wearing a N-95 mask and gloves.

Any recommendations ?

Make sure those gloves are leather and that you have some good work
boots. A hard hat couldn't hurt. Good luck!

[email protected] September 5th 17 09:33 AM

Mucking a house

Make sure your tetanus booster is up to date.

Andy[_35_] September 5th 17 03:07 PM

Mucking a house

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 3:33:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Make sure your tetanus booster is up to date.

Thanks for the advice.

There is no standing water.

Andy

Piso Mojado[_2_] September 5th 17 03:47 PM

Mucking a house

On 9/5/17 10:21 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 07:07:14 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 3:33:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Make sure your tetanus booster is up to date.

Thanks for the advice.

There is no standing water.

Andy

Steel sole boots to prevent nail and screw punctures. Eye protection,
a sharpened, pointed, long handled shovel for penetrating and ripping
sheet rock off walls.

Also, I find having a radio makes these types of things go more
quickly, drinking water and a clean towel or two for wiping away sweat
and grime and, in the Texas weather, I would think a floor fan for
ventilation wouldn't hurt.

Hey Normie, good suggestion about the fan as it will probably be 90/90
for temp and humidity.

If you can stop spewing blind rage and hate for our president long
enough to turn your critical thinking skills back on before you post,
perhaps you might suggest just where the electricity to run the fan
might come from. Eh?

Oren[_2_] September 5th 17 05:37 PM

Mucking a house

wrote:

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 3:33:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Make sure your tetanus booster is up to date.

Thanks for the advice.

There is no standing water.

Andy

Be careful for snakes and alligators. They are on the move. One
report mentioned a guy found a 10' gator inside the house.

Oren[_2_] September 5th 17 05:52 PM

Mucking a house

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 20:37:24 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Thurs. I will be volunteering to muck a house damaged by Harvey.

I will be wearing a N-95 mask and gloves.

Any recommendations ?

Since we will be tearing out sheetrock, I will make sure fuze box is turned off.

Andy

You already have some great advice. I'd ensure there are plenty of
photos / video of the damage -- BEFORE the muckin' starts.

Oren[_2_] September 5th 17 07:03 PM

Mucking a house

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 10:47:19 -0400, Piso Mojado
wrote:

Hey Normie, good suggestion about the fan as it will probably be 90/90
for temp and humidity.

If you can stop spewing blind rage and hate for our president long
enough to turn your critical thinking skills back on before you post,
perhaps you might suggest just where the electricity to run the fan
might come from. Eh?

I hereby proclaim this post and further grant the Gold Start
Mucikty-Muck Award.

/S/
Dated Sept 9, 2017.