DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Google group for any topic (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/595693-google-group-any-topic.html)

Andy[_35_] August 24th 17 11:56 PM

Google group for any topic

Is there a Google group for any topic ?

Though this group comes close. :-)

I did a search for argue but found nothing.

FrozenNorth[_9_] August 25th 17 12:10 AM

Google group for any topic

On 2017-08-24 6:56 PM, Andy wrote:
Is there a Google group for any topic ?

Though this group comes close. :-)

I did a search for argue but found nothing.

Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

[email protected] August 25th 17 12:13 AM

Google group for any topic

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:56:00 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

Is there a Google group for any topic ?
Though this group comes close. :-)
I did a search for argue but found nothing.

talk freely here

... er I don't mean that you should talk freely here in home repair
- there is a google group called " talk freely here "

Thomas August 25th 17 12:52 AM

Google group for any topic

Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

Explain please. I have been posting here on gg for 25 plus years. It looks the same and sucks the same forever.

FrozenNorth[_9_] August 25th 17 01:00 AM

Google group for any topic

On 2017-08-24 7:52 PM, Thomas wrote:
Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

Explain please. I have been posting here on gg for 25 plus years. It looks the same and sucks the same forever.

You are the google grouper, try googling Usenet, see what it says.

Andy[_35_] August 25th 17 01:13 AM

Google group for any topic

On 2017-08-24 7:52 PM, Thomas wrote:
Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

Explain please. I have been posting here on gg for 25 plus years. It looks the same and sucks the same forever.

You are the google grouper, try googling Usenet, see what it says.

Not very helful.

Bad day ?

Uncle Monster[_2_] August 25th 17 01:18 AM

Google group for any topic

On 2017-08-24 6:56 PM, Andy wrote:
Is there a Google group for any topic ?

Though this group comes close. :-)

I did a search for argue but found nothing.

Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

I'm not a *******, my parents were married but I can act like a *******.ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Acting Monster

Dean Hoffman[_12_] August 25th 17 01:37 AM

Google group for any topic

On 8/24/17 5:56 PM, Andy wrote:
Is there a Google group for any topic ?

Though this group comes close. :-)

I did a search for argue but found nothing.

alt.arguments
alt.alex.argues.with

No idea if either is active.

ChairMan[_6_] August 25th 17 01:48 AM

Google group for any topic

On 2017-08-24 7:52 PM, Thomas wrote:
Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet,
Google has
*******ized it.

Explain please. I have been posting here on gg for 25
plus years.
It looks the same and sucks the same forever.

You are the google grouper, try googling Usenet, see what
it says.

Not very helful.

Bad day ?

No, just can't FIX stupid

micky August 25th 17 07:02 AM

Google group for any topic

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:52:12 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

Google versions is *******ized but what I read is pristine Usenet (not
couning the OT trolls)

Explain please. I have been posting here on gg for 25 plus years. It looks the same and sucks the same forever.

Google groups would look the same but Usenet looks worse when viewed on
google. Not only that Usenet has not been copied to google groups for
25 years. It's less and before that Deja-news was a web archive of
Usenet posts. Google bought out Deja-news.

If you subscribe to a news service, whose price runs from free to 3 or 4
a month, and get a newsreader, which are included with iirc Thunderbird,
Sea Monkey and other freeware, and a nicer version of which can be
bought for not too much money from Forte Agent, you get a much better,
faster, compact experience, IMO.

dadiOH[_7_] August 25th 17 12:30 PM

Google group for any topic

"Thomas" wrote in message
Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

Explain please. I have been posting here on gg for 25 plus years.

No you haven't, Google the company is less than 20 years old and Google
Groups (formerly Deja News) is even younger.

RonNNN August 25th 17 01:32 PM

Google group for any topic

In article ,
says...

On 2017-08-24 6:56 PM, Andy wrote:
Is there a Google group for any topic ?

Though this group comes close. :-)

I did a search for argue but found nothing.

Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

I'm not a *******, my parents were married but I can act like a *******.?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Acting Monster

You should be in show business... I couldn't tell you were acting! [g]

--
RonNNN

Uncle Monster[_2_] August 25th 17 04:05 PM

Google group for any topic

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 7:32:41 AM UTC-5, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Monster says...

On 2017-08-24 6:56 PM, Andy wrote:
Is there a Google group for any topic ?

Though this group comes close. :-)

I did a search for argue but found nothing.

Go away, this is *NOT* a google group, it is Usenet, Google has
*******ized it.

I'm not a *******, my parents were married but I can act like a *******..?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Acting Monster

You should be in show business... I couldn't tell you were acting! [g]
--
RonNNN

You love me! You really love me! clutches Oscar to chest I don't want to damage this borrowed gown. Damn it's hard to walk in high heels! \(—¦'Œ£'—¦)/

[8~{} Uncle Ecstatic Monster