DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Merlin egines (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/593915-merlin-egines.html)

Ed Pawlowski July 24th 17 05:02 PM

Merlin egines

Many of you may be familiar with the Rolls Royce designed Merlin engine.
It powered my favorite airplane, the P-51. The P-51 is capable of
over 400 mph and burns 60 gallons pf gas an hour if you are thinking of
one for your commute.

This, I found, interesting about tolerances for manufacturing. Nice
warranty also.

http://www.tested.com/art/makers/492...lt-powerhouse/

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= July 24th 17 07:25 PM

Merlin egines

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Many of you may be familiar with the Rolls Royce designed Merlin engine.
It powered my favorite airplane, the P-51. The P-51 is capable of
over 400 mph and burns 60 gallons pf gas an hour if you are thinking of
one for your commute.

This, I found, interesting about tolerances for manufacturing. Nice
warranty also.

http://www.tested.com/art/makers/492...lt-powerhouse/

Interesting read, it highlights the rule of a common enemy.

--
Tekkie

dpb July 24th 17 09:54 PM

Merlin egines

On 07/24/2017 11:02 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Many of you may be familiar with the Rolls Royce designed Merlin engine.
It powered my favorite airplane, the P-51. The P-51 is capable of over
400 mph and burns 60 gallons pf gas an hour if you are thinking of one
for your commute.

Stunt pilot Vlado Lenoch and Atchison (KS) airport manager Bethany Root
died in crash of Lenoch's P-51D outside Acthison last week. Taking her
on a joyride and something bad happened.

I don't know how many there are left but they were indeed one impressive
bird for the day and are just good for the eyes.