DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Britain Planning To Outlaw All Knives (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/593804-re-britain-planning-outlaw-all-knives.html)

[email protected] July 21st 17 05:49 PM

Britain Planning To Outlaw All Knives

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 17:40:16 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:16:56 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

Last year, selling zombie knives and possessing them in public was made
illegal.

I didn't realise it was legal last year to possess any blade over 3""
long in public without good reason and I doubt protection against
Zombies would have been accepted as one. Do you have a lot of Zombies in
the States?

I don't imagine this definition of "All Knives" is going to be as simple as
"over 3 inches"

that would make my bread knife illegal to own.

In fact, I have some sharp(ish) steak knives that are longer than that.

Separating out combat knives from legitimate cooking utensils is going to
become difficult here

tim

I suppose it is good that the brits are not known for having good
food. Chefs will not be affected by this law, they don't have any ;-)

Bod[_3_] July 21st 17 06:11 PM

wrote:

Last year, selling zombie knives and possessing them in public was made
illegal.

I didn't realise it was legal last year to possess any blade over 3""
long in public without good reason and I doubt protection against
Zombies would have been accepted as one. Do you have a lot of Zombies in
the States?

I don't imagine this definition of "All Knives" is going to be as simple as
"over 3 inches"

that would make my bread knife illegal to own.

In fact, I have some sharp(ish) steak knives that are longer than that.

Separating out combat knives from legitimate cooking utensils is going to
become difficult here

tim

I suppose it is good that the brits are not known for having good
food. Chefs will not be affected by this law, they don't have any ;-)

Guess who the top two chefs in the world a

http://worldchefstour.co.za/top-10-chefs-of-the-world/

[email protected] July 21st 17 06:54 PM

wrote:

[...]

Those are TV stars, not chefs

[email protected] July 21st 17 07:55 PM

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 19:10:36 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 21/07/2017 18:54, wrote:

I suppose it is good that the brits are not known for having good
food. Chefs will not be affected by this law, they don't have any ;-)

Guess who the top two chefs in the world a

http://worldchefstour.co.za/top-10-chefs-of-the-world/

Those are TV stars, not chefs

Oh.

It was just pointing out a fact. Virtually all of those guys are known
more for their success on TV and marketing of their name than their
success in the kitchen.

Ed Pawlowski July 21st 17 08:22 PM

wrote:

I suppose it is good that the brits are not known for having good
food. Chefs will not be affected by this law, they don't have any ;-)

Guess who the top two chefs in the world a

http://worldchefstour.co.za/top-10-chefs-of-the-world/

Those are TV stars, not chefs

Oh.

It was just pointing out a fact. Virtually all of those guys are known
more for their success on TV and marketing of their name than their
success in the kitchen.

Only one I don't get is Jamie Oliver. That aside, I'd not turn down a
dinner from any of them.

James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] July 21st 17 10:31 PM

wrote:

I suppose it is good that the brits are not known for having good
food. Chefs will not be affected by this law, they don't have any ;-)

Guess who the top two chefs in the world a

http://worldchefstour.co.za/top-10-chefs-of-the-world/

Those are TV stars, not chefs

Oh.

It was just pointing out a fact. Virtually all of those guys are known
more for their success on TV and marketing of their name than their
success in the kitchen.

Only one I don't get is Jamie Oliver. That aside, I'd not turn down a
dinner from any of them.

His tongue is to big to fit in his mouth, he looks like a retard.

--
Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other, "I'll man the guns, you drive".