DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anti-slam / door damper devices? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/593629-re-anti-slam-door-damper-devices.html)

merleman July 19th 17 03:14 AM

Anti-slam / door damper devices?

replying to David Combs, merleman wrote:
For david and any one else seeking an answer to the sound of a slamming screen
door go to cabinlivingmagazine.com look for the article "silencing the screen
door" by Gary Cambell.He describes how to make the swing ball slam stopper of
old with some very simple parts available anywhere.I will tell you i remember
them and the one made with his instructions has worked perfectly and has a
comforting kinda sound enjoy!!!!!AND PLEASE DON'T SLAM THE DOOR

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-499058-.htm

Wade Garrett July 19th 17 02:47 PM

On 7/18/17 10:14 PM, merleman wrote:
replying to David Combs, merleman wrote:
For david and any one else seeking an answer to the sound of a slamming
screen
door go to cabinlivingmagazine.com look for the article "silencing the
screen
door" by Gary Cambell.He describes how to make the swing ball slam
stopper of
old with some very simple parts available anywhere.I will tell you i
remember
them and the one made with his instructions has worked perfectly and has a
comforting kinda sound enjoy!!!!!AND PLEASE DON'T SLAM THE DOOR

What about just attaching a storm door closer?

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= July 19th 17 07:09 PM

Anti-slam / door damper devices?

Wade Garrett posted for all of us...

On 7/18/17 10:14 PM, merleman wrote:
replying to David Combs, merleman wrote:
For david and any one else seeking an answer to the sound of a slamming
screen
door go to cabinlivingmagazine.com look for the article "silencing the
screen
door" by Gary Cambell.He describes how to make the swing ball slam
stopper of
old with some very simple parts available anywhere.I will tell you i
remember
them and the one made with his instructions has worked perfectly and has a
comforting kinda sound enjoy!!!!!AND PLEASE DON'T SLAM THE DOOR

What about just attaching a storm door closer?

Huh, what???

--
Tekkie