DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Soda Blasting (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/593566-soda-blasting.html)

Stormin' Norman July 17th 17 09:32 PM

Soda Blasting

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with soda blasters? I
have a sand blaster and find lots of uses for it around the property.
I usually use glass beads, aluminum oxide or crushed walnut shells.

Most of the stuff I clean with it is steel and wood.

I have been curious about soda blasters for quite a while and was
hoping someone has experience with them and can give me some insight
about the advantages of the soda over the other abrasives.

notbob July 17th 17 10:06 PM

Soda Blasting

On 2017-07-17, Stormin' Norman wrote:

I have been curious about soda blasters for quite a while.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodablasting

nb

Stormin' Norman July 17th 17 10:16 PM

Soda Blasting

On 2017-07-17, Stormin' Norman wrote:

I have been curious about soda blasters for quite a while.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodablasting

nb

I appreciate you sharing your first hand experiences.......

Taxed and Spent July 17th 17 10:17 PM

Soda Blasting

On 2017-07-17, Stormin' Norman wrote:

I have been curious about soda blasters for quite a while.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodablasting

nb

I appreciate you sharing your first hand experiences.......

maybe he wrote the wiki.

Stormin' Norman July 17th 17 10:30 PM

Soda Blasting

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= July 19th 17 08:10 PM

Soda Blasting

Stormin' Norman posted for all of us...

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with soda blasters? I
have a sand blaster and find lots of uses for it around the property.
I usually use glass beads, aluminum oxide or crushed walnut shells.

Most of the stuff I clean with it is steel and wood.

I have been curious about soda blasters for quite a while and was
hoping someone has experience with them and can give me some insight
about the advantages of the soda over the other abrasives.

I recall hearing from somewhere, that soda blasting on steel is not
encouraged because it's reaction with paint. Others more knowledgeable can
confirm or object.

--
Tekkie

Stormin' Norman July 19th 17 08:26 PM

Soda Blasting

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 15:10:29 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Stormin' Norman posted for all of us...

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with soda blasters? I
have a sand blaster and find lots of uses for it around the property.
I usually use glass beads, aluminum oxide or crushed walnut shells.

Most of the stuff I clean with it is steel and wood.

I have been curious about soda blasters for quite a while and was
hoping someone has experience with them and can give me some insight
about the advantages of the soda over the other abrasives.

I recall hearing from somewhere, that soda blasting on steel is not
encouraged because it's reaction with paint. Others more knowledgeable can
confirm or object.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I was mostly thinking about the
method for use on aluminum.