Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mystery sound in my kitchen

I just came home to the same problem, but thanks to this thread, i was able to trace it to my meat thermometer in a drawer and take out the batteries. Thank you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

silvers...:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...4/facepalm.jpg !

Batteries? In a meat thermometer?

Charmed life I'm sure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/12/2017 7:38 AM, wrote:
silvers...:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...4/facepalm.jpg !

Batteries? In a meat thermometer?

Charmed life I'm sure.

Instant read digital Polder, Thermopen, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 7:47:52 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/12/2017 7:38 AM, wrote:
silvers...:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...4/facepalm.jpg !

Batteries? In a meat thermometer?

Charmed life I'm sure.

Instant read digital Polder, Thermopen, etc.

And they aren't that expensive. Basic ones that work well can be
had for $15, maybe less and can be used to measure cold temps accurately
too, like the temp of air coming out of your AC vents.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 07:47:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/12/2017 7:38 AM, wrote:
silvers...:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...4/facepalm.jpg !

Batteries? In a meat thermometer?

Charmed life I'm sure.

Instant read digital Polder, Thermopen, etc.

Thermopen MK-4 reads ~ 2-3 seconds. I have a wireless unit (another
brand) with two probes. Monitor 2 hunks of meat or 1 meat and 1 grate
temp. Some units have 6 probes that will post the cook data on a web
site with graphs and charts on the genius phone App.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:11:44 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I just came home to the same problem, but thanks to this thread, i was able to trace it to my meat thermometer in a drawer and take out the batteries. Thank you!

I'm so happy for you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

thekma @ shortbus.edu wrote in message
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...4/facepalm.jpg !
Batteries? In a meat thermometer?

Charmed life I'm sure.

Theckhmah uses an old mercury-bearing rectal thermometer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 7:38:13 AM UTC-4, wrote:
silvers...:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...4/facepalm.jpg !

Batteries? In a meat thermometer?

Charmed life I'm sure.

Great analysis. We had the same thing happen with a cheap Brookstone meat thermometer - seemed like a ventriloquist where the sound appear to be coming from across the kitchen. Thanks!! I thought I was going mad!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/24/18 6:50 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 7:38:13 AM UTC-4, wrote:
silvers...:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...4/facepalm.jpg !

Batteries? In a meat thermometer?

Charmed life I'm sure.

Great analysis. We had the same thing happen with a cheap Brookstone meat thermometer - seemed like a ventriloquist where the sound appear to be coming from across the kitchen. Thanks!! I thought I was going mad!

You found a Brookstone product that's cheap? Say how ;-)

Back in the day when I used to go to the mall and would walk past the
store and look through their window, I used to wonder who would pay
those absurd prices for such useless crap...

Tourists, doubt.

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 May 2018, Wade Garrett wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Back in the day when I used to go to the mall and would walk past
the store and look through their window, I used to wonder who
would pay those absurd prices for such useless crap...

Someone gave me a gift from Brookstone, which I returned for store
credit. It's now 3 or 4 years later and I still can't find anything in
there to spend it on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/24/18 7:17 PM, Nil wrote:
On 24 May 2018, Wade Garrett wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Back in the day when I used to go to the mall and would walk past
the store and look through their window, I used to wonder who
would pay those absurd prices for such useless crap...

Someone gave me a gift from Brookstone, which I returned for store
credit. It's now 3 or 4 years later and I still can't find anything in
there to spend it on.

Back in the day when I flew regularly on business, I recall a 64 page
glossy "Sky Shopper" catalog of similarly over-priced useless crap in
every seat back pouch.

"Feel free to take me with you when you deplane" was blazoned on the
cover though I never anyone take them up on it.

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.