Ellie

Default Intermatic timer question

Hi

We recently had an electrician install a new fan in one of out bathrooms
with a timer switch so we can leave it on for a while after taking a
shower. It is an intermatic timer from HD. Today when I turned it didn't
turn off at all, and I noticed that it was stuck and not moving. I can
manually turn it off but when I do that it keeps on ticking for about
less than a minute (though the fan is off), and then it stops. I don't
know anything about these things. What could cause it to get stuck? It
seems like it's gone out of alignment or something. Can this be fixed or
do we have to get another timer?

Thanks.

Art

Will have to be replaced. If you are not familiar with wiring, buy a new
one first, take this one out, study the wires and then switcth them. Turn
circuit off first at the circuit breaker of course. The electrician may do
it for free if he supplied it.