DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT, Gregg Allman 69, RIP (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/591055-ot-gregg-allman-69-rip.html)

Uncle Monster[_2_] May 28th 17 03:15 AM

OT, Gregg Allman 69, RIP

Gregg Allman passed away today at age 69. I attended an Allman Brothers concert back in the 1970's and it was quite a show. (~_~;)

https://variety.com/2017/music/peopl...ck-1202446640/

https://tinyurl.com/y7878sod

[8~{} Uncle Rockin Monster

Oren[_2_] May 28th 17 03:20 PM

OT, Gregg Allman 69, RIP

On Sat, 27 May 2017 19:15:30 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Gregg Allman passed away today at age 69. I attended an Allman Brothers concert back in the 1970's and it was quite a show. (~_~;)

https://variety.com/2017/music/peopl...ck-1202446640/

https://tinyurl.com/y7878sod

[8~{} Uncle Rockin Monster

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Allman_Brothers_Band

"...The "breaking point" came when Gregg Allman testified in the trial
of security man Scooter Herring.[5] Bandmates considered him a
"snitch", and he received death threats, leading to law-enforcement
protection.[87] Herring was convicted on five counts of conspiracy to
distribute cocaine and received a 75-year prison sentence, which was
later reduced prior to a presidential pardon from Carter.[87] For his
part, Allman always maintained that Herring had told him to take the
deal to turn state's evidence and that he (Herring) would take the
fall; nevertheless, the band refused to communicate with Allman after
the incident.[87] As a result, the band finally broke up; Leavell,
Williams, and Jaimoe continued playing together in Sea Level, Betts
formed Great Southern, and Allman founded the Gregg Allman Band.[88]
The 1976 live album Wipe the Windows, Check the Oil, Dollar Gas was
seen as "the last gasp of a dying band," which was unfortunate for the
now-foundering Capricorn Records, which desperately needed the band
together to stay afloat."

Dickey Betts used to visit Herry in federal prison in Miami.

Another piece of trivia.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/justice-story/allman-brothers-tour-manager-dodges-hard-time-1970-fatal-stabbing-article-1.1341527

Phuck Phuck & Phuck Attn at Law May 30th 17 03:25 AM

OT, Gregg Allman 69, RIP

On Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 10:15:37 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
Gregg Allman passed away today at age 69. I attended an Allman Brothers concert back in the 1970's and it was quite a show. (~_~;)

https://variety.com/2017/music/peopl...ck-1202446640/

https://tinyurl.com/y7878sod

[8~{} Uncle Rockin Monster

He should have been beaten to death with baseball bats decades ago