Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 230V plug into a (type A) socket that looks like 120V (but is actually 220V) - is there such an adapter?

On Wed, 31 May 2017 00:03:16 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Tue, 30 May 2017 16:20:37 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 4:45:14 PM UTC-4, Trumpster wrote:
On 05/30/2017 12:07 PM, trader_4 wrote:
And how did that work out for Tony or anyone else? Anyone see a pic?
There are binary newsgroups where you can successfully post pics,
but this isn't one of them.

I can't help it you chose a junk usenet provider. Give giganews a shot,
they're awesome!

I've been here for over a decade and have yet to see anyone sharing
a pic directly on here, have never seen any people discussing pics
posted directly here. AFAIK, it's not a newsgroup that supports pics.
And I have no interest in screwing around with usenet providers
when Google Groups is free and works for me as well as others here.

There have been a half dozen or so binary images posted to this group
since 27 May 2017.

And I have not seen a single one, usingAgent on Eternal September
Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 4:01:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Okay, so after this conversation I looked closer at the socket, and it turns out the culprit is not the electrician, but the painter, because they painted over top of the sideways part of the socket, making it appear to be only vertical, but actually it is supposed to also support horizontal tines.. Wish I could post the picture, but I'm not sure how to do it on Google groups?

I guess I'll use an adapter for now since I don't think I want to play with trying to "clean up" the socket, unless there's an easy and safe way of doing it...?

I measured the volts again, and it comes up as 210-215V. From what I've read "230V" is actually a range between 220-240, but... does this difference matter, or is it within normal expected range for 230V devices (e.g. A/C)?

Thanks again for all your input!

Cheers,
Hoai

You have two problems. The second one is you seriously need a new painter.