DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT. Green Cremation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/590799-ot-green-cremation.html)

Dean Hoffman[_12_] May 23rd 17 03:54 AM

OT. Green Cremation

From the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/dissolving_the_dead

The deceased's remains are dissolved rather than burned.

Frank[_24_] May 23rd 17 11:56 PM

OT. Green Cremation

On 5/22/2017 10:54 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
From the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/dissolving_the_dead

The deceased's remains are dissolved rather than burned.

I had recalled criminals doing this to dispose of victims and in
Breaking Bad they used HF.

Google hit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposal_of_human_corpses

I once worked with a guy in the lab that seemed a little nutty. He
transferred to another lab and latter committed suicide. Before
committing suicide he told his daughter from his first wife that he woke
up finding his second wife dead next to him and figured he had done it,
cut her up and put her in plastic bags with KOH and, buried her in the
basement. He had told people at the time that his wife had left him and
returned to her native Germany. Daughter called cops and they found the
wife's remains. Creepy that I had worked in the same lab with him for a
year.