DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sears 1/3 hp garage opener won't reverse... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/58999-sears-1-3-hp-garage-opener-wont-reverse.html)

Maxxron June 18th 04 09:54 PM

Sears 1/3 hp garage opener won't reverse...

We had a major lightening storm last night, which had a direct hit on
some transformers that feed my house. When I opened up the garage door
today, it opened fine, but then wouldn't go back down, either by
remote or button. I opened up the upper travel limit, the door opened
up till it hit the contact, then nothing. Everything works except the
motor does not reverse direction once the upper travel limit switch is
contacted. Is there something other than replacing the circuit board
to try?

Thanks,
Ron