DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Orangeburg pressurized water pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/589913-re-orangeburg-pressurized-water-pipe.html)

Dean Hoffman[_12_] May 11th 17 12:03 AM

Orangeburg pressurized water pipe

On 5/10/17 7:14 AM, Joe Kauffman wrote:
I own a 40 year old home in AZ that has an Orangeburg pipe teed off the
mainline to a faucet. The pipe is leaking under the driveway but I've
managed
to dig it up and exposed about 3 feet. I'm trying to figure out the
best way
to cap the line, I'll worry about supply to the faucet later.

Irrigation pipe is sometimes connected with dresser
couplings. It's a compression type fitting that can connect two
pipes with without any additional fittings.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=dresser+couplings&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx =1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH _CAds=&rmvSB=true

or http://preview.alturl.com/pyffq

There must be a reason these won't work.