DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   speaker wire to RCA phono connector-- can this be used for power purposes too? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/589359-re-speaker-wire-rca-phono-connector-can-used-power-purposes-too.html)

[email protected] April 27th 17 05:24 PM

speaker wire to RCA phono connector-- can this be used for power purposes too?

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:11:22 -0400, John Abnarthy
wrote:

On 04/27/2017 09:06 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
But the word Balun generally implies some
kind of transformer.

That's my main concern as just about any current through the transformer
like from constant DC would probably burn it out. I was just hoping
someone here might have actually had one of these in hand to check
before I place an order.

John

Have NEVER sean an RCA speaker cable with any Balun or active
component

[email protected] April 27th 17 07:26 PM

wrote:

On 04/27/2017 09:06 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
But the word Balun generally implies some
kind of transformer.

That's my main concern as just about any current through the transformer
like from constant DC would probably burn it out. I was just hoping
someone here might have actually had one of these in hand to check
before I place an order.

John

Have NEVER sean an RCA speaker cable with any Balun or active
component

If this was actually a balun, there would be no continuity between the
in and out (DC) and they would specify the impedance on each side in
the ad.

philo April 27th 17 08:35 PM

wrote:

On 04/27/2017 09:06 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
But the word Balun generally implies some
kind of transformer.

That's my main concern as just about any current through the transformer
like from constant DC would probably burn it out. I was just hoping
someone here might have actually had one of these in hand to check
before I place an order.

John

Have NEVER sean an RCA speaker cable with any Balun or active
component

If this was actually a balun, there would be no continuity between the
in and out (DC) and they would specify the impedance on each side in
the ad.

Correct. I am sure 1 amp will be no problem at all.